Friday, November 04, 2011

November 4th, 2011

The fact that is has been 13 months since last I even checked here, let alone posted anything, lets me know that the need for this in my life has passed. This blog was a mainstay of my routine for years, and then a haven for an occasional diatribe, lesson from God expounded upon, or just an update on children and life in general. As I write this now, with a cup of steaming decaf beside me, I can honestly say that the last year has been a blessing. Not that everything in it was a blessing, in fact some things were incredibly hard, but reflection causes me to give glory to God, Who has worked all things together for good. I came back here today to try to find my birth stories, and reliving that amazing time in my life has been cathartic. What a miracle, to have been blessed with four healthy, funny, individual, amazing children. I am beyond thankful. And beyond that, to have a devoted man walk beside me in loving them daily, is a divine benediction. And while I could write a long list of things that have happened in the last year, that, essentially is still where I am at. Loving my husband, loving my children, loving my God, and striving and learning all the time to do it better.

George will be 10 in a few months. Ian turned 8 in July. Grace will be 7, Claire will be 5, and of course Nathan and I exist in a timeless vacuum, where we do not age. :) School consists of 5th grade, mostly 3rd, 1st, and K4. I am doing some things the same, some things entirely new and differently. I am thankful for the opportunity to teach them right now. I know that this time in our lives will pass all too quickly, and I am so glad that I do not have to miss their days of learning.

I won't give a full update, I feel released from that responsibility here, it was never one I consistently achieved anyway. I will just end by saying, the Lord is good, and He is constantly opening up my eyes to the full measure of what that means. If I lived a thousand years as an ardent disciple, still I could not fathom all that belongs to that statement, the Lord is good. Our pastor said not long ago, "Aggressively trust in the sufficiency of the Lord." That is a high thing to live by, but I am grateful to be given the chance to try.

No comments: