Monday, August 08, 2005

I know it has been a very long time since I have posted. I haven't gotten back into the habit of doing it since we moved and now it seems like more things are happening that require my attention be "offline." I went to Maine, to my parents 30th anniversary party, which was a wonderful surprise for them and came together well. I had chances to visit with both my brothers and my sisters in law, and meet my two new nephews. I swam (swum? have swum?) in Greenwood Pond, which was of course indescribably wonderful, just to be up at my grandparents camp, where I spent all my childhood summers. I also was able to reconnect with an old and very dear friend who is going through a hard time right now. Speaking of old friends, another dear friend called me the other day and said the Lord had brought me to mind because she is going through a very hard time in her marriage right now and from some things I had said about my marriage relationship in the past, she thought I might be able to give her some council. I think we were a blessing to each other. You don't ever ask for things of that nature to be a part of your relationships, sin and betrayal and lies, but when the Lord, through His grace brings you through them, it can become a source of comfort to others. That was an unexpected blessing. I might write more about that later. Nathan bought a van while I was gone, and it has a vent for every seat!! :) No more poor hot, sweaty children in the back of the no-AC vehicle!! That was a huge blessing. And, he got the hot tub working (the hot tub that he got at a ginormous discount because it had a leak and was under warranty and he fixed the leak) and that has been our nightly hangout since I got back. Soooooooo relaxing and wonderful, and truly a great investment in our stress level reduction and couple time. (Man, those things are a playground! ;) My parents will be here next Saturday for 10 days!! They have never come to visit that long, and I am so excited that we actually have plenty of room for them to be here now and two bathrooms and everything, which is just such a great blessing. I have felt overwhelmed with blessings and yet straying from the Lord all at the same time in the last weeks. I know what is missing from my life- it is a discipline of worship. I have let a lack of faithfulness tear a gap between me and my Saviour, and I have still been blessed beyond measure. It's hard to even write that, the shame that is so blatent in that statement really convicts my guilty heart. This morning I spent some time just singing and praising God. Yesterday was a good time of seeking forgiveness, and even though I still feel far away, I know the Lord hasn't moved, and He has forgiven my lacksadaisical (sp?) faithlessness and apathy. George is getting closer every day to understanding the Gospel. He is asking questions and making deductions. It scares me to think he might be already able to grasp the truth of his need for a Savior, and to realize my responsibility to teach and lead him to the Lord as I should. I must get my bread in the oven, I just wanted to get something down about my state of mind, being and actions lately. I hope to be really diligent in organizing my days that I will have a set time to keep up with this journaling and to get back into W@H. I miss the fellowship, the prayer times that that brought, and just the sweet ladies that are a part of it.

No comments: