Saturday, August 27, 2005

We're going to a wedding tonight. An outdoor wedding at the million dollar+ estate of my husband's boss. It's his second marriage and he is marrying a girl named Charity. That's right, he wants to be just like Nathan!!! Anyway, what do you wear to an outside, $$$, second wedding and then reception dinner of your husband's boss? A flowey summer dress with sandals...or a dryclean only with pearls? Guys have it so easy. Church? Work? Wedding? Business Lunch? Etc...? Dress shirt. Dress pants. Shoes. Done deal. NO FAIR!! Meanwhile, we are expected to know what colors to wear at what seasons, what shoes go with what outfits, what fabrics go together, what jewelry goes with what outfit, and on and on. Can you tell I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl? Oh well, I'm not real worried about it, actually I am excited, it will almost be a date. Except I will probably have to schmooze with the people there, that I don't really know very well at all, and bless his heart, but Nathan is so bad at multitasking, whenever we are together with people from his work, it's like he's at work and I don't exist. I used to think he was just embarassed of me, but I think he just forgets that I don't know everyone he knows and that he isn't the only one there. They are all very nice people, but we only see each other maybe once or twice a year, and I am just not very good at the shallow socializing. I just get nervous thinking I am being a bad reflection on my husband and these are the people that he would probably like to impress the most. Anyway, I'm sure we'll have a nice time, though. Nate will be here to pick me up at 5:45. Nate's mom is taking the kids and even feeding them dinner, which was so nice. Well, I should start picking up, I was so tired this morning I didn't even have the presence of mind to prohibit the boys from getting out about every toy they own!! Oh, and little Miss Grace stood up on her own today!!! She pulled herself to a stand on me, then let go and just stood there. I was so shocked, and I keep telling her she's only eight months old, but do you think she listens? (She must get that from her father) Oh, I also wanted to write about what a fun time we had at Misty's yesterday. I know she linked me on her blog, but I have no idea how to do that, so I will just say that she was so sweet and hospitable and made us all grilled cheese sandwitches and my kids had such a fun time playing with her sweet, too well behaved children, and I always LOVE to visit with Misty and I got to hear the funny story behind her dogs' names and anyway, I just feel blessed when I think that wonderful people like Misty even want to be my friend. Thankyou Lord. :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

You silly girl. I am in awe that anyone would want to be MY friend...what with my sarcastic nature and such! I love you Charity. And it Tuesday and I just read this. Bloglines didn't notify me when you updated for some reason.

Misty said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!