Thursday, April 13, 2006

Okay, I refuse to start every post with a revisitation of why I don't post that often. I just don't anymore, that's all. There, now I have set my psyche to rest. :P It's been a busy week. I went Tuesday morning to run some errands, including buying paint for the bathrooms from Lowe's. It's a beautiful color called "spring spirits." Translation: light green. It was totally one that just caught my eye, I picked up the paint card, fell in love with the color, went completely against my nature and just trusted my first instinct and didn't deliberate or think who would like what color better, I just knew I liked it, and bought it. I think it will look so pretty with the Southern Living bathroom set I got, too!! I am so excited to have it done. I also have my wallpaper for the dining room to put up, but Nate hasn't had time to help me do it yet, and it's definitely a two person job. We talked about colors of paint for the living room and hallway, too, but that will defnitely be a bigger project. I soooo need to do some realy spring cleaning, like washing walls, dusting high corners, scrubbing cabinets and doors, etc. I think I might ask Karen if she could watch the kids some Saturday morning, that would work out well if she could.

I need to take pictures of George with his Awana grand prix car. He won first place for design, (tied along with two other boys) and second place for speed. He was so excited with his ribbons. Nate helped him make a Buzz Lightyear. It looks really cool. Buzz is in the front window and the little three eyed aliens from Toy Story are waving from the sides. We wrote "To Infinity... and Beyond!" on the doors, and George wanted to write "Star Command" on the back.

Women @ Home has moved again. I was a little disappointed not to be able to go see all the old posts and all, but we'll make new ones. I can't imagine the work the admins must have done just to get the new board set up again so soon, and how disheartening that they just had to do it a while ago when the first board crashed. I think it's one of those I didn't really know how much it meant to me until I thought of it not being there anymore, kind of things. I kept meaning to actually copy and print what everyone was so gracious to write about me when I was the w@h woman of the week on Wednesday or whatever. I couldn't believe how generous people were with what they said, it was amazing, humbling and really really treasured by me. Oh well, at least I still have the memories, and the knowledge that "You like me!!You really, really like me!!" :P

Anyway, I must go, on to better things, or at least different ones. :) Happy Thursday!

No comments: