Friday, September 14, 2007

I know I am blessed, immeasurably blessed in so very many ways. My sinful heart too often loses sight of that fact, and I know I take it all for granted. Nate came home early, like before 7, the night that I wrote my last post. And, as always, he was wonderful. He played with the children, he helped put them to bed, he was comforting and sweet and helpful. I don't deserve that. My faithless heart doesn't deserve that. And it made me realize that my struggles as of late have NOTHING to do with him being home or not, and everything to do with my discontented spirit. My wrongly placed focus on myself, and on lies that I choose to believe, from my deceitful heart, from the world, and from the devil. And, like everyone, it is my responsiblity every day to choose to dwell on that which is lovely, that which is true, -that which is from the Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely indeed. You are precious. teap.

Misty said...

Tammy doesn't comment on my blog. As a matter of fact, she doesn't even READ my blog. LOL! She says she can't handle it or something to that effect. However, now that she has found you out...will you stop being so transparent? Please don't stop.

Anonymous said...

It's so so true. Discontentment ruins everything!