Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This and that..

Wow, holy whining, Batman!! Of course I am referring to my last post, over which I rolled my eyes and almost threw up out of sheer disgust at the pitiful self-centeredness and just plain Eeyore-ism, for crying out loud!!! For those of you who actually read my little blog, may I just offer an apology?? Not that that's the only or worst time I have been all "poor little me" on my blog, and sadly, it probably won't be the last time, but man, it's just.....blech to be confronted by my own patheticness. *Note to self: do not blog when feeling hormotional*

On an entirely different note, we went to Virginia, had a whirlwind time with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephews. It was great, we did a lot together and everyone had a good time, I think. Now we are back and I am trying to get all my ducks in a row with school and getting ready for holidays and trying to get my health back on track. I have started a seperate blog for my health and diet stuff over at wordpress, if you want to check it out, it's at agapec.wordpress.com. I am trying some diet things to see if I can get my asthma and possibly my weight under control. My main thing is the asthma, as it is not under control, despite the $450 of medication I am on every month now. But, as I said, I'm not going to blab about it here, it's been relegated to wordpress.

The kids are doing great in school, Ian is doing better than I thought he would, and Grace's determination is putting her leaps and bounds ahead of where her ability alone might in a different child. Ian's comprehension of things is ahead of where I thought it would be, he is doing simple addition and his writing skills have already improved and I think they are even beyond what George's were when he was as the same place in learning as Ian. Of course, his memory is still an issue, but the more times we go over things, the quicker he gets it again the next day. George is doing well, although we are a bit stalled out on penmanship, he's getting so stressed out learning slant as an introduction to cursive, I am considering just going straight to cursive, but haven't decided yet. I love, love, love the Miquon math, and only wish I had gotten it sooner. My biggest glitch right now is that my copier/scanner/printer has kicked the bucket so I can no longer copy worksheets for the kids. I need to get that back working or replaced or something so we don't fall behind.

We have our court date for getting Claire's birth certificate this Thursday, it will be great to have that finally taken care of, and then we can file an amendment to our taxes and claim her. Then Friday is the men's retreat, so Nate will be gone Friday and Saturday, although he said last night he doesn't really feel like going. I'm not sure if he will or not, although truth be told, I wouldn't mind having a night all to myself, I might even rent some chick flicks, then probably sleep with Grace in her bed, she'd really like that.

2 comments:

Misty said...

For what it's worth, I don't think you are a whiner. When you stifle everything you WILL eventually boil over. I don't care how "godly" you are.

Charity said...

I agree with you, and I am anti-stifling (well to be honest, I have to remind myself to be anti-stifling), but I think I can still vent without whining and even if the tone didn't come across in the words, I know I was whining when I wrote the post. Thanks for your comments though, you are sweet. Sometime you should do an actual writing blog, I miss you now that you are vlogging, I can't get any of them on my dial-up. :(