Monday, April 06, 2009

Monday Mental Meanderings...

I have almost recovered from waking up this morning. Not that anything necessarily traumatic happened, it was just that I woke up (which is almost always unpleasant) and it was Monday. I actually woke up at around 6 and just laid in bed for a minute. I knew Nate was awake because he was on his back (and the man can really only sleep on his stomach) even though his eyes were closed. I put my hand on his chest to see if the crazy erratic heartbeat he had yesterday was still happening. Thankfully, it was normal. I don't know if that was just a side effect of what was probably mild food poisoning or him catching my throwing up bug from last week, or what. I'm just glad he's better. Not that he wouldn't have gone to work anyway, Mr. I-have-never-taken-a-sick-day-in-my-life-and-I-don't-intend-to-start-now would have just taken a barf bag and puked between phone calls. He started feeling badly yesterday afternoon and went to bed for the night at about 7. He just doesn't deal well with not enough rest, and being up til 2:30ish the night before did him in, I think. He was almost annoyingly chipper this morning, though, in the face of my morning grumpiness.

I have always wondered where the justice is in the fact that I feel my absolute worst, horrible, negative, depressed, achey, sore and nauseated first thing in the morning. I feel my best, positive, clear headed, flexible, full of energy, ready to face the day (er night) at about 10 pm. I don't know if God sneezed when he was doing my hard wiring or what, but I wish things were different. Unfortunately, wishes don't usually get you anywhere and only make you discontent most of the time. Things are as they are, and will probably continue to be so. I think the best I can do is try to communicate with people as little as I can in the morning until I start to feel like a human being and get caffeine into my system as quickly as possible. I think Mondays are harder too because they are right after the day we are all together as a family with Nathan, so I am in withdrawal from being around my best friend since Saturday night and all of a sudden he's off, into another full work week. Also I have done the least housework of the whole week on Sunday, so things are usually a disorganized mess.

I was running on Mondays for awhile, but last week did on Tuesday. Actually that's the only day I ended up running last week, since I started throwing up on Wednesday and still feel wrung out from all that. I think I lost a couple of pounds, though. And I haven't lost any weight running...hmm, maybe I need to start alternating exercise with some well timed contraction of the flu. :P I am hoping to really get back on track exercising now. Time will tell how well I do with that goal.

I need to go make biscuits. Actually, I am making Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits, which I have never done before. I assume it's easy, though. The reason I am making this ridiculously useless, overpriced and nutritionless item is because I am tweaking my maple egg bake recipe for the Pillsbury baking contest. I know, I know....me, entering a cooking contest...it is funny, you may laugh. George saw a poster for this contest saying you could win $1,000,000 and is convinced that we need to enter and win. There are several categories you can enter and this is in the breakfast category. We are also coming up with a dessert recipe that has eggs, cocoa and condensed milk in it. Of course, George has already decided what we are going to do with the money when we win. First, we will buy the Lego Deathstar, which will set us back about $400. Then we will buy Uncle Scott everything he needs for his camp. Then we'll pay off our house and buy a house for Grammy and Grampy. Then we'll buy the Lego Town set. Next we'll buy an airplane for Bobby and Joanna Burdett to go to Madagascar. Then new leap pads for all the kids, all the Magic Treehouse and Boxcar children books, as well as a really cool science curriculum with lots of experiments. After that, we're not sure. We'll let you know when we win. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about some excellent coffee and chocolate......companies. AND a really old piano from some friends :-)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t