Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday

I just updated my health blog and thought I should actually write some words here as well. My neck and shoulder are killing me, I *really* need to get to the chiropractor soon. I am considering just hauling all the kiddos with me and trying to corral them there. Everyone is feeling alright here, besides a few allergic sniffles among the munchkin set. Nate is caffeine free and trying to eat healthy since his heart scare last week. I am just thankful it wasn't anything more serious, and praying even more fervently now for the Lord to bring a low stress job for Nathan, as this PVC (premature ventricular contraction) is aggravated by stress, among other things, which Nate is inundated with every single day at his job. I'm trying to keep things low stress for him as much as I can at home, and I am thankful for any little thing I can do to make his life easier, but at the same time, it does in a way make me feel more alone than just his being physically gone so much right now does. I know the Lord can and will meet all my needs, though, and I need to remember to look to Him first, instead of waiting til I am at the end of my rope. I am still having some chest pain but I think now it must be my left lung, since my heart is technically fine, according to the stress ekg and echo I had done. I still would like to look into the pectus surgery.

I have switched from apple cider vinegar liquid to tablets, thanks to my MIL, who just had some on hand. It has helped get the acidy burn out of my throat, but I don't think it works as well on my asthma. I am still off the Advair. I did totally screw up the other day and waited way too long to eat then was so hungry I just polished off about a cup and a half of mac and cheese. The next day I felt wheezy and chest sore and yuck. As if I needed any further confirmation that dairy and I should no longer be seeing each other. "It's not you, milk, it's me" :)

I have really been convicted lately about my dropping the ball and getting out of the habit of getting up right away in the morning. We have gotten so out of the groove homeschooling since the beginning of the year with trying to potty train Claire, having sick kids, health issues with myself and trying to keep up with exercising and all. Anyway, the bottom line is that while I could go on and on justifying and excusing my night owl tendancies and early morning aversions, the fact is that I need to get up. It doesn't matter what I feel like or how late I laid awake the night before, it is my job to take care of my kids, their education, their environment and their home, and I can't do that as well if I am wasting the time in the morning laying about in bed. There is nothing in my physical body or even my emotions that desires the establishment of this good habit, but how often do my flesh and my emotions actually steer me right?? Yeah, not often. This is just a matter of will and doing what I know to be right, regardless of how I feel. As a very wise woman was reminding me yesterday, establishing good habits is critical to success in homeschooling and life. If you remember to pray for lazy me in this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Speaking of homeschooling, it looks as if I might actually be able to attend the homeschool conference this year. I so wanted to last year and it just didn't work out, so this year I asked 6 months in advance about childcare on the two days of it, then 3 months, then a month or more ago. And at first it didn't seem as if it would work out, but now things may come together. I'm really excited. I feel more lost and floundering and like I don't know what I'm doing than I ever have. In short, I need all the help I can get. And I am hoping to get quite a few books there.

I am so excited that my mom is coming to visit for a week this Saturday!! I can't wait to see her and I am just so excited for my kids to have one on one time with their Grammy. Almost any time we are up there, other cousins are around, which is great, but they get to see Grammy all the time. My kids are lucky to see her once or twice a year. It will be wonderful to have her here for the whole week. I think we will go down to Callaway Gardens one day. I'm sure we'll take the kids to Barnes and Noble and browse Ashley Park and go to the playground. I want it to be restful for her, but for her to have fun as well. I wish my dad could come, but he can't get any more time off work. Man, I have a lot to do before Saturday!!! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful your momma coming to see ya'll!!! She won't care what is done or isn't done she will just be SO HAPPY to be with you and your family!! Habits......yea,why is it they are so long in forming and SO SHORT in breaking (the good ones anyway) ;-) I really gotta swallow this and get right with my habits again. IT iS CRITICAL!!---You are funny about the milk thing and it not being the milk but you--i laughed!!! <3 wonderful good talkin with ya monday.