Sunday, August 09, 2009

Sunday night!!

T-minus 2ish days til "The Trip". My laundry is done, my house is cleanish, my lists are made, my plans are made, the suitcases are out. Tomorrow I am buying wheat and honey and cat litter and dropping things off at the consignment store. Then I am doing my last packing and repacking and crossing things off lists and making new lists and remembering to pack what I forgot to put on the lists and forgetting to pack what is written in bold, underlined, and circled on the lists (hopefully not). Tuesday, Nathan will be HOME and we will go to the airport with four dressed up children (they want to be in disguise to surprise Grammy- I'll give you three guesses as to which giggly 4 year old thought up this idea) and pick up my mother. Then we will go over The Buchan Care Manual~ better known as "General Guidelines as to the feeding, care, and schedule of four miniature wild Buchans", settle the best mother in the world into her new home for the week and go to sleep (hopefully), then wake up and in the afternoon, go to the airport ourselves (or more accurately, talk someone into taking us to the airport) and then it will be upon us. The only snag in this plan is that I am still sick with a sinus and chest cold. I am doing everything you are supposed to do to get over things, and still it has lingered. I am just praying that it goes away and soon. And now, in the interest of my floundering immune system, I will go to bed, and try not to stay up too late reading "They shoot canoes, don't they?" :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!! Have an absolutely lovely time together. Enjoy!! Only i am not so sure haggis (sp?)is something to be *enjoyed* blech!! :-)