Thursday, February 02, 2006

It is Thursday. Tonight we are going out to eat in lieu of Bible study, because we are switching studies and don't have our new books yet. And I just went out to eat on Sunday and Saturday and holy cow am I spoiled!!!! Saturday, Nathan had the day off (The third in a row Saturday off, love it, love it!!) and in the afternoon we went to see "The End of the Spear" and to supper. I can not recommend this movie highly enough. It was beautifully done, heartwrenching, and although it didn't have quite as clear of a Gospel presentation, knowing the whole story seemed to fill in the blanks. It is the story of the 5 missionaries killed by Waudani indians in South America told from the perspective of Nate Saint's son, Steve. It goes on from there to follow the lives of the natives involved years before and years after the incident and chronicles their journey to salvation and Steve's own realization of who killed his father and his forgiveness anew. Bring tissues, you will cry.

Last night was Awana, and again I was struck with the reality of how much we all need the Lord, and in such different ways. I teach the 5th and 6th grade girls, and just seeing how God makes Himself alive to them and meets their needs, along with my needs and all the needs and desires and problems and concerns of everyone is just baffling. He truly has given us all we need that pertains to life and godliness, and the amazing thing is that that is so different for everyone. He meets us where we are, with what He would have us to do and helps us each get there in our own way, according to how He made us. Truly our God is an awesome God.

I have been failing dismally at my semi commitment to eating better and exercising. My mom and I had said we were going to keep each other accountable and encouraged and I think I've gained 2 lbs since then. I don't care so much about the weight (I don't even own a scale) but I just want to feel strong again, and fit into the clothes that I have. And you know, rock hard abs wouldn't be a bad thing either! :P Not that that is anything I have ever had or really hope to have but, it's certainly a goal worth striving for, and one that I cannot hope to get close to without some real work on my part. I have the time, I can make the time, I just need to get off my butt and move!! I have exercise videos, several that are good and that are just collecting dust at this point. If I would get up in the morning, I would have plenty of time to do them. Or I could do it at night. Nathan even asked me the other night if I could get one piece of exercise equipment, what would it be? I said probably a stair stepper or a treadmill that could incline. He said we could put it in the computer room and I could be on it in the evening while he's on the computer. Sounded great to me. I used to love the stair stepper machines in the workout room at college. They were my favorite. I'm sure there are lots of other new and better machines out there now, I just don't know anything about them. Of course, if time, money and child care weren't issues, I would totally join a gym. I love going to the gym, using all the different equipment, weights, etc, I would love that. But, there is no way Nate would pay for that, and really no way I can see that I could arrange that even if he were willing to pay for it. How did I get talking about that?

Sometimes I feel as though this blog is made up of useless drivel, the wanderings of my short attention span, and really isn't accomplishing much good. Oh well, it makes me feel better anyway! :P I should go put laundry away, before there gets to be more out of the drawers than in....

No comments: