Monday, February 06, 2006

It's Monday morning. I am staying online this morning because my first ebay auction is ending in a little while and I want to be online in case anyone asks a question or anything. Misty has been of instrumental help in all of this, and again, I am thankful for her.

I had such a relaxing day yesterday. Sleeping in, naps in the afternoon, and kids to bed early, then Nate made a fire and I just laid in front of it and read, it was dreamy. I love having him home two days in a row, although I know it will just make me miss him more when things really get busy soon.

Esther and Jeremiah are officially approved and waiting to hear back from a case worker with two potential files for them. One, a set of three month old twins, a boy and a girl, and one a single three month old boy. Esther was telling us yesterday about the great need for foster parents in Coweta county, and that there is a sibling group of 5!! girls, sisters all between the ages of 2 and 7, up for adoption. Talk about an instant family. I told Nate maybe we should just get fixed, move to a bigger house and adopt them. He just smiled. I wish we were in a position to do that. Wow.

We are starting our new Bible study on Thursday. I am excited and dreading it at the same time. It looks like a really indepth and good one, akin to The Excellent Wife. There was so much that the Lord tested me on while we were going through that study, I don't know if I am ready for even more to be accountable for. Not that it's not stuff I don't already know, it's just that there was so much heartache on the way to growth that happened before. It makes me wonder what the Lord has in store. It's like I wrote about before, if it were up to me, no one, including myself, would ever go through those hard times, but the faith building experiences are usually hard, there's no way around that. I need to just lay it al lbefore the Lord and give up trying to accomplish things in my own strength.

I am so far behind on laundry, it's not even funny. The basket in the boys room has more clean laundry in it than there is in their drawers and closet, and in my room, it's everywhere!! And the laundry bags are full again needing to be washed. Sigh..I guess I should just be thankful that we are so blessed to have so many clothes and to have a good washer and dryer. I really am thankful.

Grace is standing in a chair beside me pretending to talk on a play phone. Her little eyebrows keep going up, she looks so funny. Jer and Esther brought us a package of cookies yesterday from Publix bakery, and as of last night, there were three big chocolate chip pecan cookies left. When we got up this morning, there was a half of one in the broken package sitting next to a sticky little Ian. Then later, I found him sucking the honey out of the honey bear!! You don't think that child has a sweet tooth at all, do you?!?!? I'd better get some of that laundry put away before I need to start on lunch prep.

No comments: