Friday, March 17, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Grace spilled a container of snacks the other day, all over my freshly vacuumed floor. To which I replied, "Oh, for crying out loud." George frowned and said "Mama, why did you say for crying out loud?" I told him that was just something people said when they were frustrated. To which George sagely said "Mama, you shouldn't be frustrated with people when they do naughty things, because you still love them." Lesson taken, thankyou Lord. Isn't it just interesting. (read: super convicting) when your children bring up to you the lessons you have taught them. It's one thing to teach your children that they can pray to Jesus to helpe them anytime, it's quite another to hear your 4 year old quip "Mama, I really think you need to stop and ask Jesus to help you." And he's not just repeating, he's paying attention to what I am doing, and concerned that I am practicing what I am preaching. And then when he makes deductions himself, apart from what I have taught him, and then asks questions that seem like the Holy Spirit is speaking right through him. I have said before it is an awesome responsibility to be the primary example to a child, but it's even harder to have them begin to apply what you are teaching them, and actively look for the same in your life.

George is a perfectionist. He so should have been born to a different mother, because I so am not. Yesterday morning I got the boys some juice and handed them their cups. George immediately cried out "Mama, oh no, you gave us the wrong cups!" I had switched them in my hands. I switched them back and said "No problem, sorry." George said incredulously "Why did you make that mistake, Mama?!?!?" I said "George, Mama makes mistakes all the time." To which George just sighed and shook his head, like "What am I going to do with you?" It was quite funny. ;P

I think the busy season is here already. I really do think it comes earlier every year. Part of it is Nathan's notoriously bad job of delegating, (why should he give a job to someone else that he can do better), and part of it is just the business's natural growth. He didn't get home til 8:30 on Wednesday. It's piling up already.

I've been doing this juice fast this week. Tuesday I started out. I have made carrot, celery, tomatoe, radish, cucumber, broccoli, cantolope, apple, parsley, lemon, orange, pineapple, strawberry, and banana juice. Not all together. I really thought I would feel more intense "detox" symptoms, but the worst of it was a stuffy nose, peeing ALL the time, a vague headache and bit of hunger. Shannon thought maybe there just weren't that many toxins in my body to get out. I think the good bread I eat does such a good job of that, that's why it wasn't worse. I don't know. Anyway, I did it for three days, all juice and lots of water, and no solid food. I felt really good yesterday. I felt pretty good the whole time. I will definitely do it again, and probably longer. Now that I know more about it. I want to make juicing a part of everyday, although I have to say I like the fruit juices more than the vegetable ones. I think carrot, celery, tomato, and apple is my favorite veggie one, and pinneaple, orange, lemon, strawberry is my favorite fruit one. That was absolutely awesome, and it made me feel so energized and wonderful. It was a whole pinneaple, 2 oranges, 2 lemons, and about 10 strawberries. Then I crushed up ice in the blender and blended it with the ice to make a smoothie. It was wonderful and made so much juice, it was great!!!

George has been doing great in school. I call it school, but it's only about 45 minutes a day in "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" He doesn't like the writing as well, because he has to be quiet, but he does very well. We've been doing his writing in the afternoon, and the reading part at 8 in the morning, then he gets to watch Dragon Tales at 8:30 for a reward. That's his favorite show.

Krista told the Bible study last night that she is expecting. I am so happy for her, but I know the fear that early pregnancy can bring when you have had miscarriages in the past. She thinks she's about 7 or 8 weeks along. Someone said the other day that after Summer has her baby at church, the pregnant streak will be broken. At least one person has been pregnant, and usually mroe than one, the whole time we have been coming to Grace, which is over 2 years. 2 of those pregnancies were mine. Maybe Krista should start coming to out church. :)

I'd better run, I've got juice to make, I think I'll do orange, lemon, banana, strawberry. Yummy! :) I've got to get another pinneaple, that was so incredibly good. Have a happy weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it! I knew someone would be pregnant. Krista counts because she comes to Grace for Bible Study and for Daughters of Grace. See, the chain shall not be broken. LOL! The juicing sounds good, I made Kelsey and Wyatt a smoothie this afternoon. They loved it.
Renee

Cheri said...

Are kids NOT the most humbling, when it comes to conviction. I remember once being frustrated and Nathan gently reminding me ''momma get a hold of your anger or it will get hold of you'' (thank you very much veggie tales LOL) But yep, I am humbled daily when I stop to think how much more is ''caught than is taught'' and how I want to be a true light to my children. You are very wise Charity and your kids are going to rise up and call you blessed! I'll be praying for you as the busy season comes.