Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happiness...

I love my husband. He's been working his tail off. It is the thick of the crazy-busy season at work right now. He is overworked, stressed, stretched, and exhausted. Yesterday he left home at about 6:30 am, and got home at about 10:30 pm, which is about an hour later than normal. He didn't even get so much as a chance for a drink of water until 12:30, and didn't get time for "lunch" until 5:30. He has a million and one loose ends he is trying to hold together and remember. This morning he left at about 4:30 am since he had to be at a jobsite at 5:30.

Well, yesterday, George finished his 1st grade phonics work. He was so very excited and said he couldn't wait to tell Daddy. I knew Nate wouldn't probably get home until after bedtime so I said we could call and tell him. Nate's phone was repeatedly busy so George just left him a message. I could tell he was a little disappointed. When Nate got home I asked him if he got G's message and just told him he should try to remember to make a big deal out of it the next time he saw George. He was about half awake as I told him this, and I thought I'd probably have to remind him later, too. Now, you must understand that Nate is not one of these people who writes notes or cards or whatever to people. He does not see a need for it usually and dreads doing it when he "has" to. So, I was so incredibly thrilled to see the joy on my son's face this morning when he showed me what Nate left him.




1 comment:

Windy said...

Oh, I LOOOVE the look on his face. Go Nate!!! Charity, I am so rejoicing in this with you... I understand! =) Thanks for sharing!