Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I am packing...

I'm going to Maine.......(cue applause)...well, more accurately, WE are going to Maine. As in me, my munchkins AND my boyfriend (best friend, husband, Nate). :) We are leaving Friday. Packing the van tommorow night and then after naptime on Friday going to pick up Nate at work and then we are on the road again. And I get the nightshift driving, as God just made me weird like that. I naturally wake up at around 10 pm. We are driving straight through, the 20ish hours to my parents house in NH, then my mom will go up with us to my Nanny's house in Maine and my dad will come up on the weekend. We are Lord willing climbing "The Mountain" (a slightly ridiculous moniker for a height you can scale in the space of a few hours, but anyway) swimming, canoeing, roasting marshmallows, visiting with friends, family and just totally enjoying being in "Vacationland" in the month of August. I am so very excited. And we are bringing my mom an air conditioner, courtesy of some dear friends who no longer needed it, AND we are bringing a huge bag of clothes for my little nephew, AND an entire set of dishes for my mom for a housewarming gift...so basically we will have room on the way back to tote home 12 real pine trees from "The Pine Tree State". Not that we actually would, but it's a nice thought to think for a little while. :) And now I need to get back to packing!!

No comments: