Friday, September 02, 2005

Buss Wi-year.....kiss! kiss! This is what Ian is saying, and then doing. That's right, he is saying Buzz Lightyear and then giving him kisses. And then looking at me and giggling. He is so cute. (Ian, not Buzz!) We went to a friend's house today for lunch and the boys had so much fun playing, but unfortunately, if we don't have some down time at home before naptime, Ian just won't sleep. Then he usually ends up being grumpy and whiny the rest of the evening because he is so tired. Right now, though, he is just being cute. I don't often get to spend time with just him because the other two or at least George are usually playing with him, but Grace and George are still taking naps right now. Oh, I take that back, George just got up. When all the kids are together, sometimes it's hard to appreciate the individual personalities and traits of each one. I usually get to have more one on one time with George since he gets up earlier and then gets up from naps sooner, and Grace sometimes goes to bed later, but I hardly ever get just Ian. That middle kid sure does get the short end of the stick sometimes. (How did I ever survive? sniff sniff :P)

On another note, I had so much fun at my birthday party last night. All the ladies were so sweet and the food was so good. There was delicious chicken salad croissants, fruit salad, pasta salad and fabulific chocolate cake. Yummmmmy! And they just spoiled me totally rotten with sweet and thoughtful gifts. Miss Mike and Krista gave me a book about how to be a better mom with the the Lord's help, and a cute little apple bread mix. Robin gave me a beautiful Thomas Kincade mug, and Misty gave me a wonderful gift bag with some heavenly smelling B+B Works stuff, a bag of Dove dark chocolates and some sparkly striped socks with Supergirl on them, to go with my Wonder Woman shirt. :) Loved it all so much. Tonight I think Nathan and I will watch our latest Netflix, an old Steve McQueen war movie. I love Netflix, but I am so sick of watching war movies!! If I am going to watch a movie, I don't want to come away from it emotionally burdened. I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to cry and I try to avoid it. But, my husband loves a good, emotional, something noble worth crying over movie. I just want a break for my brain. There is enough to cry over in real life without trying to induce it purposefully on a movie screen. Yeah, so we'll probably watch that tonight. The problem with not watching war movies (or anything Nathan picks out) is that I am notoriously, ridiculously bad at picking out movies. The last one I picked out was called Time Bandits, about um, time traveling dwarves that kidnap a little boy and have a map of time that they stole from God (who is played by someone resembling an English butler) and it was one bad plot twist after another. Okay, I know...what was I thinking in the first place?!? Well, I was thinking it said "Sean Connery" and "John Cleese" in the credits. (They were both on screen for all of 5 minutes) So, it's either Nate's choice or my lack of movie picking skill. Soooo... anyone want to recommend some good movies? Please? If you read this, comment with a movie title, thankyou, or I will have to start charging for my blog viewing. Haha. Well, I must take Boscoe out, so I will write more later. Hey, it's Friday!! Happy Weekend.

2 comments:

Misty said...

Some great war dramas:

Life is Beautiful (get this in Italian w/subtitles. It's so much better that way!)
The Pianist (based on a true story! Unbelieveable movie!)
The Patriot
Gods and Generals
Braveheart
Gettysburg
Something the Lord Made (true story)
Catch Me if You Can (another true story and hard to believe at that!)
Apollo 13 (another true story)

I haven't seen any good comedys that are clean. I recently watched Meet the Parents and it was OK, but I didn't laugh out loud. My children watch more videos than I do.

Charity said...

Wow, thanks. We've seen about half of those, the war and Mel Gibson ones and Apollo 13. I'll check out Life is Beautiful and the others. :)