Monday, September 19, 2005

It's the beginning of a busy week. I will be gone every night this week, except tonight, until Saturday night, then Sunday morning we are going on our little fall family weekend in North Georgia. Can't wait for that. I'm glad I had some great time to spend with Nathan Friday and Saturday night and all day Sunday, because I am going to miss him this week!! We will still get to see each other of course, just not all together as a family. Tuesday night I am bringing a meal to my friend who just had a baby...a boy after three girls!!!, then going to Misty's Southern Living at Home party, fun! fun! Actually I won't be home too late that night because I know she's going to kick me out so she can watch The Amazing Race that night. Then Wednesday is Awana, Thursday Bible study and Friday is an Awana leaders meeting followed by Esther and I's annual birthday night out. Our birthdays are a month apart and every year we go out to dinner inbetween them to celebrate. I wonder where we will go this year??? (Any suggestions?)

May I just expound here on the incredible blessing of friends? People who count you dear, who you hold close and whose fellowship you crave, they are a treasure, a small taste of Heaven, I think. Isn't that what is going to make Heaven so special? Eternal, unbroken, full fellowship with God, and to a lesser degree to other saints of like precious faith. I have heard it said that all that is pure and good on earth is but a shadow of what we will experience in Heaven. That's a nice thought. Can you just imagine what chocolate will taste like in Heaven?!?!?!?

I am going to post Grace's nine month picture after I finish writing. Can you believe I have never had a nine month old child without being pregnant? I wonder if by the end of this month I will be expecting again? I am sincerely hoping the Lord's timing allows a few years before we are blessed with children again, but He is in control. I struggle daily, constantly to give enough attention to each of the small dear children I have now, I cannot imagine how I could divide my time and attention and affection any further at this point. I am looking forward to enjoying this my favorite stage of babyhood that Grace at right now without being sick and tired from being pregnant. All things are possible with God, though, right? If it is His timing, He will provide.

Nate's aunt Roberta came down from TN and stayed with us this weekend. So it was a full Buchan weekend, dinner Friday, lunch Saturday, Caleb's birthday party Saturday night, and the dinner at church on Sunday. We really don't get together with them often enough, the whole family, I mean. Big George's birthday is this weekend. I don't know what to get him. My George says that he needs a "monster toy", whatever that is. :P Speaking of George, do you know what he said to me this morning? I let them watch an Andy Griffith episode this morning and after breakfast George wanted to watch tv again and I said no, and he said, "But Mama, I just can't get enough TV!!" **sigh**

Ian wouldn't take a nap this afternoon so he is up with me here, playing cars. The child is surprisingly quiet when it's just him. I guess he's making up for screaming his head off at me all morning. I swear the kids got together this morning and said "Okay, we're going to make as much fuss and be as ornery as we can today, right?" It was constant screaming all morning, from one kid or another, and then George even peed his pants!!! He hasn't done that in months. Then the cat pooped and peed on my brand new guest room beautiful quilt. AArgh!! Anyway, I feel better now, despite all the stress inducers of my day. I have discovered some great music, stuff that Nate has had for a long time but I went and stole one of his cd's when I was going someplace one night and now I am totally loving this band. Caedman's Call. Just great, worsipful music. I love their "Back Home" album. He had me listen to "40 Acres" but I didn't like that one as well at all.

I've got to get those pics posted and make some calls, so I will go now. I need to make bread tonight, and I don't want to!! :P But, I will. :) Blessings!!

No comments: