Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!! I don't have much time to write, but I just finished cleaning the kitchen and have a few minutes until the laundry gets done, so I will take advantage of it. Oh, I have so very much to say, so very many subjects to write about, and I don't even know where to start. Instead of going chronologically, though, I think I will just start backward and write what went on today. I will fill in the holiday gaps later.

This morning Esther and I went out to the dairy in Alabama, about a 2 hour trek, and got milk and butter and cheese, (Misty, if you're reading this, I have some for you if you want it, non-frozen...) went to the discount grocery and got organic cereal and juice and to Kroger to get some other fill-ins. Yesterday I went to Wal-mart and got a good bit of groceries, diapers, shampoo, etc. with the giftcards we were given for Christmas. That was a nice present. Very useful.

Nate and I had a talk last night about spending money, and being more organized to the extent that it would allow me to save more money. I had already been thinking about what I needed to do to make some drastic changes in my schedule and daily routines to get more organized and plan better. Menu planning, doing certain housecleaning tasks on certain days, and things like that. So that is what I am pursuing right now, really trying to get more organized, be better prepared, prioritized and hopefully peaceful. I think his only concern is that I spend his money as wisely as possible, but if I accomplish my goals, I think they will accomplish his as well. Really, part of being a submissive wife is specifically submitting to what your husband prefers, and with Nathan, I have always known that money is a huge deal, in some cases, the only deal he sees. My use of it needs to be above reproach and consistently prudent. I do want to save money as much as possible, but I would really just like to make our home life more organized and peaceful. I would like to get to the place where I am making bread on a certain day of the week, doing laundry at certain times, running errands other times. I want to get into a routine that allows me to accomplish all of what I need to as a matter of course and then the needful things won't get pushed aside by other things.

Well, the boys just got up, I must go. Maybe I won't be able to sleep sometime this week and I will be able to catch up on blogging. I seem to do the most of it then, late at night. Oh well!!!

No comments: