Thursday, December 30, 2004

After Christmas ramblings

Happy after Christmas!! I have been bouncing between being totally exhausted/overwhelmed/overworked to being full of joy and energy and thankfulness. I am physically getting more able to be on the latter more, but every day is still a struggle, if a welcome one. My baby girl Grace is growing beautifully and doing great. She is such a joy, and so content. I am still amazed that I have a girl, and am still getting used to the new dynamics of our family. My back and hip are getting worse and I really need to go in to see a chiropractor or something. I will probably mention it to Dr. Boddy when I take Grace in for her next checkup. Christmas was here and gone. We have been so enjoying Scott and Mandi visiting. Scott is Nate's next youngest brother. I have to say, it is always somewhat of a bittersweet joy being around Scott because he is all that Nathan is not in the caring, attentive family man type. I really struggle with not comparing my lot with anothers. Now, I certainly do not want to be married to Scott, and don't even find him really attractive, but I just have a hard time not wishing Nathan were more like that. I need to keep reminding myself that Nate is exactly the man that God gave me, and he is exactly what I need. It's just my wanter that needs an adjustment. It's been hard to see Scott being so helpful and such a fulltime parent and me trying to get used to taking care of my three kids now, and Nathan being totally oblivious to me needing his help. A big part of it is that he is so not able to multi task, and when he is being "the big brother", I think he has a hard time being the husband and father at the same time. I know I am going to get really depressed when he goes back to work next week, and Scott and Mandi are gone, and it's just me and the kids again. I don't even want to think about how bad it's going to be in the busy season this year. It makes me cry just anticipating it. There I go again, breaking more of those holy habits of contentment, this time dwelling on tommorow. Boy, they sure do make a lot of sense to follow, look at how much turmoil of mind I could spare myself if I just would stick to them. Anyway, it's been nice to be around Nate's family so much, and his mom has been so incredibly helpful and wonderful. She thinks of everything, and has helped me out so much these last few days. We are going to get a family picture done at Target tommorow, of the whole Buchan clan, and a seperate one done of the kids. I hope it goes as well as it did when I took the boys to get theirs done, minus Ian running off. Well, I have laundry to put away, and shower to take before I sleep. Nate is staying at his mom's tonight with Ian. I had put Ian to bed while we were over there, and then the brothers decided to watch the extended version of Return of the King, so Nate is staying and bringing Ian back with him in the morning. So, I will sign off with this "Meme" thing I got off Misty's blog. Here's what her explanation of it is, and I hope someone will do it, even if I don't know you.


I just found out what a meme was thanks to Cheri. A meme is like that thing I did a couple of days ago where you answer questions about yourself, or you ponder things you normally wouldn't. I stole this one from Cheri's site, who stole it from another site. You get the idea! So, here's the Meme... It requires YOUR help so please take the time to do it for me. You can leave your post in the comment section at the bottom of this post.
A) First, recommend to me: 1. a movie.2. a book.3. a musical artist, song, or album.
B) Ask me three questions. Ask me anything you want.
C) Now go to your blog (if you have one), copy and paste this, and allow everyone to ask you the same.


1 comment:

Misty said...

Movie: "Life is Beautiful" but you must watch it with subtitles. It is so much more beautiful in Italian than English. I have the DVD and VHS version if you want to watch it.

Book: "The Wide Wide World" by Susan Warner aka Elizabeth Wetherell. I buy old copies on Ebay and I have several if you want to borrow one!:) Also "A Promise Kept" by Robertson McQuilkin. Oh, what a beautiful true love story! It's a gift type book and can be read in a few hours. I also have this one if you want to borrow it. Please say yes!

Music: Sara Groves album "Conversations" Most excellent.

Questions:

1. What is your biggest fear?

2. Tell me about your life 10 years from now.

3. Do you plan on coming back to Bible Study now that you have Grace?