Thursday, December 02, 2004

Thursday

Well, Nate's prediction of having the baby on December 1st was wrong, although we both thought he would be right. I walked laps around the driveway loop while the kids were taking their nap yesterday, and was really having some good contractions, then Esther called and wanted to come over, so I came in. As soon as I stopped walking, the contractions calmed down again. I did the Evening Primrose Oil on Tuesday night, but not last night. After Nate got home, I walked some more, and then had to come in to make sure the kids got to bed on time. Ian's got a runny nose, which I think is from teething, and didn't nap well yesterday. I was feeling great, though, my hips didn't hurt, I just felt happy and alive and excited. After the kids went to bed we cleaned up the house a bit, and then took Leanne's advice that "What gets them in, gets them out." Well, it was more than just an exercise in prostaglandin placement, it was a really special time and about 30 minutes afterwards, my contractions started getting more serious and regular, enough that I was having to concentrate through them. I went and got in the hot tub and that was great for relaxing me. Nate brought home a test kit and some chemicals to make sure the water was Ph balanced and good, but he never used it. I got out of the tub, and went to bed, and slept so soundly, not waking up until 5 this morning. I felt really crampy when I woke up, but after I peed I felt better. I went back to sleep until Nate woke me up a little before 8, telling me I should get up and walk around so he would know whether or not to go to work. I did, and not enough is really happening to warrant his staying home. I think if I could do some more walking I could get things going more, but that's not an option with the kids awake. I might try to walk with George while Ian is taking his morning nap at 10:30. It would be great if I were to go into labor during the day here, but on the other hand, I would love to go to Bible study tonight and see everyone. What would have been great, if a little unrealistic, is if I had had the baby last night, then I could have just brought the baby to Bible study for a minute for everyone to meet. Oh well. :) The package from my grandmother was not pumpkin bars, as I was hoping. It was a pair of crocheted little pink booties and a handmade quilt with red, pink, and green patches on it, along with some strawberry shortcake material. The back of the quilt was a fuzzy fleece with bears and pink hearts on it. Do you think she thinks I'm having a girl?!? The package I got from my mom last week had a package of newborn diapers in it and 4 girl outfits. I think it's funny everyone is wishing for a girl, and I'm wishing for a boy. Everyone thinks that just because I already have two boys, that now I need a girl. Actually, it makes me want a boy more, because I know how to do boys, and I love having boys.

I am so anxious to get up my Christmas tree!!! I put up the little fake one in the boys room last night. They were enthralled with it. I might move it out here, though, just so we all can see it more often. I was so surprised at George, he remembered getting our Christmas tree last year. We were driving home from church and went by a store with a tree outside, and George said "Is that the candy cane store where we got our Christmas tree? You 'member, Mama, you 'member that lady that gave me the candy cane when we got our Christmas tree, and it was so good?" That's exactly what happened, too, the lady at the nursery gave him one of those mini candy canes after we got our tree last year, and he sucked on it all the way home. I had originally told George that the baby would come out after we got our Christmas tree, but now, of course, I have told him we have to wait until the baby comes out before we can get our Christmas tree. Yesterday, he told me that if we move the big chair, we can put our Christmas tree there, but he didn't know where we should put the big chair. I feel bad that I had to change what I said, and wish I hadn't told him in the first place. Oh well, maybe we'll have the baby today and can go get our Christmas tree this weekend? :) Well, I just put snotty, cranky little Ian down for his nap, so George and I are going to go outside. If you are reading this, pray me up some labor, okay? (Misty?:) I can't wait to post on here my birth story.

No comments: