Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tuesday morning

I am stealing a few minutes here as Ian takes his morning nap. I thought George was going to want to go out to play, but he decided to read a book instead, and then surprised me by asking for a waffle. The kid eats like a bird, so anytime he asks for good food, I give it to him. He already had some yogurt and cheerios this morning. Nate took the day off, and is at a junk yard right now trying to find the part he needs to fix the van. I am hoping he gets home by naptime this afternoon so I can go grocery shopping right after I put the kids down for a nap. I have to go to 3 or 4 differant stores, and I really hope I can go without the kids, I will be able to get things done so much easier. If he doesn't get back, I will go after putting the kids to bed tonight.

My midwife came yesterday. She said the baby was head down and turned, looking at my left hip. (I already knew that) She had a hard time palpating the head, but when she examined me, she said she thought she couldn't feel his head through my belly because his head was so low. She could feel it right over my cervix, which she said was effaced 50% and 4 cm. dilated. She said I should start taking Evening Primrose Oil every night, and that should really get things going. Nate's prediction of tommorow would be good. I keep feeling crampy today, but I know things could feel this way for days. I was 4 cm dilated a week before I had George. I have been having contractions so regularly, though, but maybe you just feel them more after a few kids. I don't remember having this many "practice" ones with George or Ian. Maybe when things do get going, they will be really quick! That would be nice.

Nate got my packages taken to the post office this morning, and there was one to pick up from my grandmother. I wonder if it is Christmas stuff. Oh, I bet it's pumpkin bars! She knows they are my favorite, and she sent some last year. I will try not to be disappointed if it's not, though. I am waiting on one more present that I ordered that someone is bringing tonight, and then I will be able to send out my last package!! I have to get presents for just three more people, plus stocking stuffers, and I will be done!! We hardly got anything for the boys, but I really don't want them to get present oriented, or to expect a ton at Christmas. We really want to emphasize the celebration of baby Jesus being born, while focusing on giving to others as a picture of God's gift to us of His Son. I wish I could get some pretty graphics like Misty has on my blog to decorate it for Christmas. I'll have to look into that. I've got stuff up in the living room and bathroom here. When Leanne came yesterday, she said it looked like Santa's workshop in here. I think I will put the little tree up in the boys room, that would be fun for them. I am anxious to get my tree up in the living room. Well, I should go get myself ready for the day, do something with this hair if I am going to go shopping and put some makeup on. I hope Nate gets back soon!!

No comments: