Monday, June 13, 2005

It's hot. And I refuse to run the air conditioning. I'm not pregnant, I'm not going anywhere today, my kids don't care if they are hot, and I don't want to spend the money on the AC, so it is hot here today. It doesn't help that I made four loaves of bread this morning. Nate came home Saturday to his "surprise" party, (he knew it all along) from his party at work. I was so glad they did that for him at work, it's so nice to know he's appreciated, and they gave him two gift cards to restaurants, so that means two dates for me!! Yay! He really liked the Twins hat I gave him and the Bible on CD. I was so glad. I am starting to go a little crazy here realizing that I have so much to do to get packed and move out in like 2 and a half weeks!!! I've got some boxes and I've got all the pictures and decorations packed away, and I can pack books now, but the clothes and dishes and bedding and bathroom stuff we will need to be using still. I need to find a bigger kitchen table. The dining room in the new house (still can't believe it, wow!!!) is much bigger than ours here, and we are leaving our 4 person table in this house, so I need to find a bigger one, preferably round, with leaves. That's what I would love. It doesn't have to be fancy, just functional. That house is going to seem so empty with our stuff in it. We're kind of cramped here, but there is a lot more space there, plus a two car garage, so I'm thinking it's going to seem a bit empty. I don't mind at all!!! My mil is coming over later to bring me some boxes and Nate is wanting to get packing so I should take advantage of his ambition and put him to work tonight. My dad's birthday is Thursday, and I won't be able to get to the post office before it closes today, so he won't get his card and present from me until after his birthday. Oh well. Maybe they will have a party for him this weekend anyway. I've gotten Nate's Father's Day presents already, a T-shirt from the kids that has an electric guitar on it and says "Dad rocks!" (George picked it out), and I am getting him a subscription to Rush 24/7 so we can download Rush's new mp3's and he can listen to the whole show. I looked at getting him an mp3 player, but they are so expensive!! Maybe by Christmastime I will be able to find one for cheap on ebay. Well, I should go, I have laundry to do and lots more if I really thought about it!!!

No comments: