Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's Saturday afternoon. This morning I went to Goodwill and then Burger King with Amy, and our seven kids between us. Crazy, I know!!! It was fun, though, despite George trying on all the girlie belts at Goodwill, three nursing stops between us, screaming and running wild boys, and Amy's 18 month old getting stuck in the playplace at BK. That kind of chaos can either be sweet or suffering, and today it was sweet. Like kind of a I'm glad to be part of such vital madness kind of a thing. We hadn't seen each other in a while and it was good to visit the little bit that we could. We're already planning a slumber party, hehe, the next time one of our husbands goes out of town.

Okay, here's the part where this becomes more personal diary than out there on the internet for the world to see blog, but this is the best place to put this, so...

And here's the part where I finally finished writing what I started on Saturday and where I decided it was better left unpublished for the world to see and will only put in the last bit that I wrote, as a reminder of what the Lord laid on my heart and what He has called me to....

....And maybe I have said enough. Whether or not the Lord chooses to use my inept words to affect my husband's heart is not up to me, but I know what my path must be. If there is ever to be a real hunger for God, a thirsting for righteousness, a disregard for the world, in favor of the Lord, then prayer must be involved. Not that my prayers are anything special, but the One Who hears them is all powerful. I know that I have neglected this charge before, but I am making a fresh commitment today to pray for my husband. Not just "Lord bless him today..." but real, lay him on the altar for God, heart wrenching, faithful supplications. I know that my obeying the Lord in being what I should for Him may go a long way in helping my husband, but not more than my spending time on my knees for him. The Lord's power is ultimate, and only He can do the things that need to be done. I am resolved, and with the Lord's help, I will pray without ceasing. My flesh rears up at the thought of this, and I know my lazy nature will rebel, but greater is He that is in me....than me.

No comments: