Friday, January 28, 2005

erased

I just wrote for about an hour and a half, then forgot I was offline when I went to publish, and it erased it all. @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Well, it was good for me anyway to get all my thoughts out today. I'll tell you what I learned in writing my first post. That although I have several people heavy on my heart today, my parents, my dear friend who just lost her baby, my husband, that I can do them and myself infinitely more good by bringing it all to the Lord in prayer than simply by worrying or even writing about it all. I am resolved to be a true helpmeet to my husband, especially as we enter into this years' busy season for him at work, and he is worked and stressed about as much as he could be. I will not be selfish, I will not resent him for working so much, I will appreciate his presence and his help when he can give it, and not berate him or be bitter silently towards him when he can not. I will support and encourage him everyday, and make his home a place he always looks forward to coming home to. I will pray, continually, for my parents to have clear direction and peace from the Lord. I will also hold up in prayer my dear friends who have just lost their baby. She had just gotten past the point in her pregnancy where she had lost her baby almost exactly 4 years ago, and had just started to allow herself to get excited about it all, and then the Lord took her tiny baby back to be with Him. Well, since I have already spent so much time writing, (although it certainly doesn't appear that I have by this), I must go. Dishes, supper, children are waiting and I must make the time tonight to read my chapter in "Calm my Anxious Heart." I was supposed to have read it for Bible study last night, but I never got to it, and I know it would help me now. It's called "Worry is like a rocking chair." I am worn out, physically and emotionally, and am heavy hearted with all of the people on my mind right now. I hate not being able to help more, and I am guilty of not helping where I could. I will hopefully write more later.


2 comments:

Misty said...

Praying for your strength. After I have a baby I get all hormonal. Does that happen to you? I mean, it's horrible all this stuff is happening but then to be all hormonal just makes it worse. I love you , girlfriend.

Cheri said...

(((Hugs)))I can completely understand the burdened and heavy feeling. I've been experiencing that myself this week. It seems there is so much going on and all I can do is pray. GRANTED prayer is the greatest thing I can do, but sometimes it seems to be the hardest when you want to *do* something (in the physical sense) But I am learning that God is using these times to teach me, I cannot *do* anything, and the greatest thing I can do is quit ''rocking'' and simply and earnestly pray. My prayers are with you this weekend.