Tuesday, January 18, 2005

swonderings?

I have just joined this new message board called Women at Home, at the behest of my dear friend Misty. One of the things they do is called Swonderings, where they post the beginning of a thought, and you personalize it with your own ending. This is the first one I have done. Here goes...

I Am....
a wife, a lover, a mother, a daughter, a grand daughter, a sister, a friend..
I Am...
intelligent, impatient, laid back, procrastinating, forgetful, accepting, nurturing, analytical, selfish, strong, sometimes guilt ridden, sometimes joyous, always seeking...
I Am...
completely uncompetetive, a lover of language, a baker of bread, a taker of pictures, a hater of being the center of attention, completely lacking in skills of craft, ie. sewing, stamping, scrapbooking, etc.
I Am...
a part-time talk radio junkie, a closet sci-fi and fantasy lover, a very fast reader, a very bad singer...
I Am...
a milk factory, a dispenser of sandwitches, a horsie ride giver, a changer of multiple diapers, a fairy of dishes, a tickler of children, a story reader, a nose wiper, a hug giver...
I Am...
tired, thirsty, munchy, cold, bleary eyed, squeezed into my jeans...
I Am...
Happy about the $17 I had waiting for me at the consignment store, struggling with guilt over the $20 I spent at the consignment store, happy that my children are sleeping, hoping Grace will sleep tonight, wishing I could sleep tonight, envying Nathan all the sleep he gets, giggling about his talking in his sleep while I was nursing last night, thankful for my mother in law who watched wild man Ian this morning so I could bring George to the library, anxious to start reading David Copperfield tonight, more anxious to continue watching the appendices of the extended cut DVD of Return of the King tonight, even more anxious to cuddle up with my husband while we watch it.
I Am....
So happy in love with my man, loving not being pregnant, can't wait to start really exercising, wondering how on earth I am going to have time to exercise, can't wait til my mom comes to visit in February, so happy that she gets to come in a way and at an expense that are so much more convenient for her (God Bless you, Misty!), watching my baby girl make faces in her sleep, loving the cute jumper and sweater I got for her this morning...
I Am...
running out of descriptions of myself, so I will say goodbye! :P



2 comments:

Misty said...

I wish I could write like you. I hope I'm better at something. You see, I AM competitive!:0P

Joyful Mother said...

Hi Charity! I wanted to welome you to the Women @ Home message board - we are glad to have you!

http://womenathome.typepad.com/becky