Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I just read over my last post again. It seems a little disjointed, but I guess only I can really follow the paths of my thoughts and understanding. Really, taking an objective look at it, it sounds like the whinings of a child, at least until the last bit. You know, if my husband doesn't like to be with me, really, whose fault is that? MINE! Maybe another thing the Lord is trying to teach me is that I need to take responsibility for my circumstances. Work on what I can, and quit worrying about what I can't change. Okay, on to other things....

On her blog, Cheri had this little fun thing....
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

I'm reading Charles Dickins' "David Copperfield." Here's what it says..."I can't say how I knew it was my dear, dear mother's coffin that they went to look at."
Very interesting. Hey, if anyone else does this. leave me a comment and tell me.

1 comment:

Misty said...

"And break every yoke?" quoting from Isaiah 58:6-8 in the book "A Hunger for God" by John Piper. And it's actually page 124 because 123 is a spacer page and completely blank!