Thursday, February 03, 2005

Thursday sneaks up on me so quickly. I thought Nathan was going to take the day off today, but he just had too much to do. At least he'll have Sunday off. Maybe he'll take off tommorow or Saturday. It's supposed to be a lot nicer this weekend, warmer and sunny, instead of this horrid cold and wet weather we've been having. I don't mind cold, and I don't mind wet, but I really prefer them to be mutually exclusive of each other. Oh well. At least it's not like the cold wet we used to get in Pensacola. It was so humid down there all the time, that anytime it was cold, it was a bone chilling wet cold. The kind that can only be banished by extended time in front of a crackling fire. Unfortunately, no one we knew in Pensacola had a fireplace, so I was pretty much damp and shivering the entire winter. My mother, my conservative, proper mother thought it was just the funniest, naughtiest thing to call me a "damP yankee" after I had taken a shower. I don't know why I thought of that, it just makes me laugh. In some ways, I miss the time in Pensacola, but most of me kind of just blocks out that time from my memory. Trying to finish school, getting through those rocky first years of marriage, endometriosis pain and surgeries, two miscarriages, being in a church/school environment that was judgemental and legalistic, and the weather sucked. Of course, there were good times, but in all, I wouldn't choose to repeat my time there. How did I get to talking about that? Oh well. I actually have some time here to type. Grace is still sleeping, and the boys are watching a Veggie Tales DVD we rented yesterday. It sure is hard to find anything out there worth spending money on that you'd actually like to bring into your home. I was looking for something funny for Nate and I to watch, but most of it was just garbage! If anyone has any suggestions for good, clean, funny movies, please post a comment and tell me!! I ended up renting the old "The Odd Couple" with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathou. We haven't watched it yet. I had to run a few quick errands after AWANA last night, and Nate was watching the President's state of the union address when I got home. He had Grace on his lap and she was really awake, it really looked like she was watching it, too. I could take her with me Wednesday night, but it's really the only time Nate gets to spend with all the kids and just him, and after the boys go to bed, he gets to have some time with his baby girl. Thursday nights I take her with me to Bible study and Nate gets to have some time just with the boys, and then I get some time with just Grace. I didn't go to Bible study last week, and I missed it. I hope Nate gets home from work in time for me to go tonight. I haven't done my study questions yet, though. I'll hopefully get to them at naptime. I have a pile of laundry to get through today. It's kind of frustrating, though, the boys naptime is when I need to wash it, but then I can't put it away until probably tommorow because they are asleep in the bedrooms, then I need to be getting supper ready after they wake up and they'll be asleep when I get home. At least I can put the clothes away in my room tonight. George takes a nap in there in the afternoon, but they sleep in the same room at night. Speaking of George, he's been doing really well the last few days telling me when he has to go pee. I have been so impressed. But, he hasn't gone #2 in 2 days now, and he usually goes at least once a day. We'll see how that turns out. Speaking of which, I should go and get them dressed. ( I guess I should get dressed too!) Wow, I just read this over and it's really boring!! Sorry to anyone who actually took the time to read this. I'll tell you some things I am going to write about one of these days....the rooster obstacle course in my neighbor's back yard, the tranquil beauty of Greenwood Pond in Maine, my thoughts on child rearing, and a voluminous essay on why I love my husband. There, that should add some excitement to this mundane post, teasers for more interesting topics. :P Ah well, time to go, my babies need me. God bless you today, whether your day is going to be as boring as mine, or fraught with interesting and exciting events. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Here are a couple movie ideas that we like . . . Daddy Day Care, Cheaper by the Dozen (w/ Steve Martin), and Pirates of the Carribean. You've probably seen all those already, but those are ones that we've recently added to our DVD collection because they are clean and funny. :-)

Misty said...

I laugh at shallow things...you know that! I cannot think of one good laugh out loud movie that I can share with you. It was nice holding Grace last night. She liked me best. Besides you of course!:) And Suzanne... OK she liked me second best.