Monday, February 07, 2005

My Shredded Wheat box say that I can lose 10 lbs if I eat their cereal twice a day. I wonder what they think the other meal will be. Anyway, it's Monday again. I said goodbye to my husband this morning, and won't see him much again until probably Monday, the 14th. He has it on the calendar that he is going to take off Valentine's Day. I hope he can. He actually did work from home on Saturday, so that was nice. I love it when he can have two days off in a row, he is usually much more able to relax by the end of the second day. I just wish he could let himself relax more when he is at home. If he hasn't done any big project by the end of the day, he seems all frustrated and complains that he didn't "accomplish anything." I told him last night that the unspoken objective of a day off was to relax and not necessarily accomplish anything, just to recharge and then be more able to be productive when he is working. A big part of it is that he rarely plans. I go crazy if I don't make a plan, write things down, etc.. so that's hard for me to understand. I think he would definitely accomplish more if he would actually plan, and he would feel better about the time he spent not doing anything "productive." I really wish we could plan and do more things as a family. Not necessarily spending a lot of money, maybe just driving somewhere for the day or going to a park and having a picnic or something. I proposed the idea to him of having one day a month be a family day and spending the whole day together doing something. I don't think he was very excited about it. He's got so much on his mind and on his plate for work right now, I'm sure it's hard for him to switch over to thinking much about anything else. The bad thing is, it's only going to get worse. When he wrote down on the calendar everything he had going on this month, then we realized that after that it's March, and that's the beginning of busy season, I said "See you in September!" Actually, I am hoping that in June we will be able to have some time. My mom is going to come down and get me and the kids after school gets out the middle of June, then we will be up in Maine for a week or so, then hopefully Nate can fly up and we will come back home together. We both love it up there, I wish we could go more often, but it's so expensive to travel, especially now that George needs a ticket, too. I guess we'd better go, though, before Ian turns two in July and then it will be REALLY expensive if we want to fly anywhere. We are going to Orlando in November, for the NSPCI show. I have no idea what that stands for, it's just something to do with pools and/or spas. We'll rent a house and Nate will go to the show and we will stay a few days after it's over. Maybe we'll go to Seaworld. The kids would probably like that. Oh, my, Grace will be almost a year old by then. Wow. I wouldn't have chosen any part of Florida to go to for vacation, but his show is down there. It'll be fun to do something all together, and probably any house we rent will be bigger than ours, so that will be nice.

Blah, blah, blah. Wow, if they have an award for the most boring blog, I would sure win it today. Oh well. Maybe I'll have more interesting things to write later on.

No comments: