Thursday, February 10, 2005

Thursday

I'm listening to my Celtic Hymns CD right now, I love it. My dream vacation would be a trip over to Scotland to stay in a huge ancient castle. Both my husband's and my family are Scottish. The Buchanans (my family) are much more into the whole Scottish pride thing than the Buchans, (Nate's family). My little brother had a Scottish wedding, outdoors, with kilts and bagpipes and everything. It was awesome. It was even featured in an issue of the Buchanan Banner, the official magazine of Clan Buchanan. George was the ring bearer. He looked soooo cute in his little plaid vest and green velvet dress shorts. I was one of the barefoot bridesmaids with flowers in her hair; we all wore these wickedly cool medieval elvish dresses. I'm actually getting ready to try to sell mine on ebay right now, since I would never have occasion to wear it again unless it were to a costume party, and I don't get many invitations to those these days. Dialmerica Telemarketing just called me and I gave the phone to Ian. He sang to them and growled into the receiver. I love caller ID. Well, I feel like the busy season has officially started. I almost wish I hadn't gone to Ladies of Grace Monday night, it was our last chance for a week to be together as a family. Tuesday Nate had the men's meeting, and didn't get home til the kids were in bed, last night I hauled all the kids to Awana with me because he was setting up for the patio show that's today through Sunday night, which means he's not going to see the kids until Monday. He leaves before they get up and won't be getting home until after they go to bed. I would just keep them up so they could see him a bit, but they won't sleep in any later, and they are miserable and get sick if they don't get enough sleep. Anyway, I figured out what to get for my man for Valentine's Day. I just hope he likes it. I have to make him a card still, though. George picked out some Scooby-Do valentine's at Walmart yesterday, and we're going to send them all this morning. He loves the mail, to get mail and send it and go to the mailbox, so he loved when I told him we could send these to everyone. Speaking of which, I'd better leave off this boring post and get the littlest munchkin fed and rest of these valentine's addressed. Maybe I'll post more later.

No comments: