Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Happy Wednesday

I just have a few minutes before the kiddos wake up and I need to start getting supper ready and go to Awana, but I wanted to write what a wonderful day Monday was. (Except getting food poisoning, but i'll write about that later.) George and Nate had a wonderful time camping. I know George will be talking about it forever. I was so glad that they got to do that. I put a new battery in our camera before we went to the park, however, and when I got it out to take a picture of my husband swinging on the monkey bars with the boys( just call me Jane ;) , it was dead! I don't know what happened, but anyway, Nate didn't have a camera to take any pictures of their camping. He didn't mind, but I was really bummed. They had a great time, though. They got back at lunchtime on Monday. We all had lunch, and got the kids down for a nap, and then Daddy and Mama had some gooood times together. Much needed afternoon lovin', and I'm still smiling. :P When the kids woke up, then we decided to go into town. We don't very often get to go anywhere except church as a family, so it's always fun to go do anything. We took some movies back, got some more, and then went to Zaxby's for supper. I had another great grilled chicken salad, but I don't think the chicken was cooked enough. I started feeling kind of funny that night, and then spent all of Tuesday in the bathroom, sick as a dog. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be having Zaxby's again anytime soon. I even had to call Nate's mom and beg her to take the boys for the day. I was sooo glad she could, she is always so helpful and wonderful. But, back to Monday night. I had some stuff I needed to return to Target, and we just walked around there for awhile, then got the kids home and in bed and watched The Incredibles. It was good, not quite as funny as we were expecting, but good. Definitely not something my kids will be watching, but we enjoyed it. We were pretty tired by that night, and went to bed early. It kind of felt like a mini vacation, from the time he got home on Saturday night until Monday night. We had such a great time being together as a couple, as a family and he and George had some good Daddy-son bonding time. I just fall in love with that man over and over again. He is such a blessing. Oh, speaking of my amazing man, he has once again been published in a nationwide publication. Last fall, I think it was, one of the companies that they buy their pool chemicals from decided to feature Nate's main store in a brochure. They took all sorts of pictures, and got lots of quotes. Last week, Nate brought home a national pool and spa magazine, and in an ad for that same chemical company, another quote of his, with his name and business, was featured. I was so excited. Of course, he acts like it's no big deal, but I could tell he thought it was pretty cool. I was so proud of him. He's so good at so many things, and although he puts on quite a front of being so proud of himself, and yet "humble in his humility", he really is unassuming and so endearing. I love that man to pieces. Well, I'd better go, I think I hear munchkins. Oh, I am reading a great book that I think every married woman should read. I hesitate slightly to recommend it, because I haven't finished it yet, but I was blessed and convicted again today by what I read in it. It's called "Romancing your Husband", by Debra White Smith. Go get it, and read it now!!! :)

1 comment:

Misty said...

A little sex sure makes you happy! Any flashlights involved?:)