Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I am stupid. No, I refuse to say that, let's just say that the choices that I make are, well, sometimes extremely poorly thought out. I know this comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me. Well, the other day, I got the bright idea that I could put highlights in my hair, at home, by myself. I was thinking it would be nice to just have some soft, subtle blondey highlights. Now I know some people who could accomplish this and have wonderful results. But not me. I followed the directions, and while the stuff was still wet, it looked like it was evenly distributed throughout my hair, like I wanted it to be, but as it dried, and changed color, it became obvious that the change in color was only occurring in blotches centered around the crown of my head, with one really bright patch right in the front of my hair. Yeah. This was on Monday. I called the number in the package and told them how it turned out, and they are sending me my money back. We went to CVS that evening, (me in a baseball cap:) and got a haircolor that was as close to my natural color as I could find. I did it yesterday afternoon. It did soften up the harshness of the other coloring, but I still look like I lost a bet. When Nate got home late last night, he said, (and I quote..) "Oh......wow......it's, um, like, not quite blonde, and not quite red, and not quite brown......well, it's just hair, right?" Very reassuring. I still have the lightest patch right in the front of my hair, which Nate described as "something a punk teenager might do on purpose, but it looks kind of funny on you." He doesn't really care, and for that I am thankful. The conclusion I have come to through all of this is: VANITY=STUPIDITY, at least with me. I posted pictures of right after I did the first highlighting, I should take some more of it now. I think I'll be wearing a hat for awhile. Anyway, that's what my week has consisted of so far. Anybody else have any funny hair stories that might make me feel a little better? Please share. :P

3 comments:

Misty said...

It really didn't look bad to me. Maybe because I think you are beautiful! I would love to color my hair but Olaf says no. He likes this almost black hair for some reason. I love you girlfriend!

Cheri said...

Orange. Have you even seen Sunkist the drink? Yeah, well my hair was that color after I attempted to go from blonde to red a few yrs ago. That ended up costing a small fortune to have color corrected at the salon. For what it's worth I don't think your's looks bad at all.

Charity said...

LOL, you guys crack me up, I would have loved to have seen BOZO the clown orange on your gorgeous heads. I know mine's not that bad, not many people have even noticed I don't think, so it must not be. My dear loving husband continues to mock me, but that's his job, I guess, right? :P Oh, and Misty, if I had hair like yours, I would NEVER do anything to change it, it is
B E A U T I F U L!! (Gee, howp I speeld that rite.)