Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday morning. It's really quiet here this morning. Nate took George camping last night at the McIntosh Reserve down the road. People always comment on how well George speaks, and I tell them it's because he practices ALL the time. So, it's very quiet here this morning. Of course I miss it, but it's nice to just have the noise of two little children instead of three every once in a while. I'm so glad it worked out for Nathan to be able to take the day off today. Thursday night the phone lines at work were struck by lightning, so all day Friday he was trying to reconnect the phone and computer systems. At the end of the day on Saturday, he still was having a hard time getting the accountant's computer to get back online and he was getting really frustrated. If he didn't get it fixed then, he would have to come back in on Monday to get that up and running. He told me that he just started praying. He told the Lord that he had tried everything he knew to get the computer fixed and he was at the end. Nate said then it came into his head to try something differant he hadn't thought of. He plugged in the cable, or whatever, and waited for the screen to come up on the networking page. It started doing the same thing it had been doing and looked like it wasn't going to work again. He closed his eyes and told the Lord "I know You want me to take the day off on Monday and spend this time with George, but I need this to work to be able to do that." When he opened his eyes, it was working!! I was so moved when Nate shared this with me, not only because it was evidence of the Lord working in the details of his life, but because Nathan is very self-sufficient, and has a tendancy to rely on his own strength. To hear that he was relying on the Lord was so encouraging. I really feel like the Lord has been "pursuing him with His love", (to steal a line from a song) and really making Nathan's situations force him to cry out to God for help and sustenance. I have had such a burden to pray for him lately, and to tell Nathan what I have been praying for him. I've been trying to leave him notes, just encouraging him and telling him how much I appreciate him, and it's interesting that the more I try to tell him how much he means to me, the more he means to me. I have been so proud of him lately, just in the uprightness of his character and the decisions he has made to do what is right in some situations at work. His patience and his strength in circumstances that the Lord has put him in really amaze me. I am really so lucky to be married to him. I hope we can spend some time together today after they get back from camping. Saturday night we had a fun time. All the kids were in bed by 8:30, and Nate wanted to play a game, so I let him beat me in Canasta. I know he was excited about having the next two days off (two days in a row, that's soo wonderful!!!) and he ran to the gas station to get some soda and chips and a big candy bar for us to share. It was so fun to do something with him like that and spend some fun, kid free time together.

Well, I am going to go spend some time with just Ian, something we never get to do. God Bless!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Can you teach me how to p[lay canasta? I heard it is really fun. Lucy used to play it on "I Love Lucy!"