Monday, March 14, 2005

It's Monday morning again. I don't have anything real important to say, I just wanted to write something since I haven't in a few days. The bridal shower at church this Saturday went really well. It was for a couple that are going to the mission field. The guy and his family go to our church, but his fiance doesn't. I gave a devotional. I was so nervous, and really just wanted the Lord to speak through me and it be a blessing, and not to get in the way of the message. Part of what I read was Colossians 3:12-17. When you look at those verses in the context of marriage, I think they take on a really powerful meaning. After the shower, Nate and I went on a long overdue date. It was the first time we had been out without Grace. I am soooo thankful for Nate's parents taking care of the kids. It's so nice to know they are somewhere they love to be, and with people who have the same ideas about parenting that we do. It was so great to be out with Nate. I feel like the Lord really blessed our conversations, and we had such good talks. We ate at Ted's Montana Grill. They make everything from scratch, they said the only thing in their freezer is ice cream. It was really good, if a little pricey. I had a grilled chicken salad. I always get that. I told Karen and George my goal is to have a grilled chicken salad at every restaurant there is. So far, I've had one at Chick-fil-A, McDonalds, Wendys, Zaxby's, IHOP, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, Folks, Applebees, and that other place I can't think of the name of. If anyone knows of a good g.c.s. somewhere else, let me know. I have to say, my favorite's have been Wendy's Mandarin chicken salad, and Zaxby's, but the one Saturday night was really good, too, better than Wendy's. Anyway, I'm so glad we got to go out. I think Nate is even going to take a day off this week to seed our brown lawn, that will be nice. Well, I must go, we've got to run in to Carrollton to do some errands. I'll write more later!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

What kind of dressing do you get on your salad?

Charity said...

honey mustard, usually. At Ted's Grill, they bring you your dressing in a cute little silver pitcher.