Saturday, March 05, 2005

Questions

How has the general public become so disgustingly ignorant of the correct use of the English language?!?!? Just in the past few days, I have been flabbergasted by people's lack of understanding and ineptness in grammar and spelling. Now, I don't always spell things correctly, and probably my sentance structure is often confusing. I'm talking about gross mistakes, by adults, that you would expect from a child. For example, I was in the changing room at Wal-mart yesterday, and a sign on the wall said not to remove hygienic liners or tags when trying on swim suits or "Under Ware." It was written just like that, two seperate words, both capitalized. Maybe I'm the ignorant one here, is there a new form of under garment out there that this is referring to? I tend to think not. The funny thing is, it was on a computer printed paper, so they could have done spell check. I suppose "under" and "ware" are both spelled correctly, though. Maybe the just need to make a "duh-check" to complement spellcheck. Another great example of this I saw while reading reviews of this resort we are considering going to in Orlando in November. One person spelled the word "probably" "prolly" not once but several times!! I couldn't believe it. Then, another person used the word "weary" in place of the word "leery." Amazing. About the resort, I need to get some advice. Nate has this pool show in Orlando the first week of November, which is why we're going, and now he has brought up the idea that his friend Dan and family should go with us. Dan is the manager of the store in Carrollton, and Nate's best friend. He is very much the opposite of Nate, very talkative, wants to be the center of attention, a flirt. He's like a brother to me, but I can only take so much of him. And, his wife and I don't have much in common with, and I don't think she likes me. We haven't even seen each other in months. They have three cute but badly behaved little girls. It would be one thing to go on vacation with some really close friends, but I just don't like the idea of going with them. Nathan is gone so much during the summer, by the fall, we are so far apart, that we really need some time together to reconnect as a family, and I really don't want to share him. Am I just being selfish? I told Nate that whatever he decided would be fine with me, but I didn't really mean it. I don't want to just be selfish and mean here, but I just really don't want them to go!! I have prayed that the Lord would change my heart or change his mind. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Well, I should probably go, I have too much to do, and not nearly enough ambition or time to do it all in. I'll maybe post more later this afternoon or evening, I have something I need to talk about.

1 comment:

Misty said...

You are not being selfish. No way! I would ask Nate if it could just be your family. That you really miss him and would really like it if your family could be alone. And btw, it's spelled "sentence" NOT sentance! Maybe you could use your DUH-CHECK on that one.