Monday, March 21, 2005

Monday again. Well, I had been doing so well trying to eat better and exercising. Then I got Billy Blanks Tae Bo video last week. I exercised 4 days, and Saturday did the cardio part of the tae bo, after doing the Foundation part Thursday. It is so intense, About 15 minutes into it, I had to stop and use my inhaler. I haven't really caught my breath since. I am (maybe) starting to see a little differance in how my clothes fit. I finally broke down and bought a pair of jeans at Goodwill and they were a smaller size than I had been wearing. But, they were also a differant brand than I had ever worn, so I don't know if they run big, small, etc.. I am just going to try to do my Pilates video every afternoon this week. Next Sunday is the day when I wanted to be able to fit into that outfit. I haven't tried it on since the beginning of the month. We'll see!

On another note, if anyone wants to see my adorable little nephew, go to www.mainehospital.org, and click on the new births. Egan David, son of Audra and David Buchanan. He looks so precious. I guess they are all doing well. It's kind of sad that both my brothers are done having kids now. They both have had vasectomies in the last 6 months. My older brother has 2 children, 8 and 9, from differant women. He was married for 3 years, didn't have any kids with that woman, then divorced, and met and married Misty, and now they have a 3 month old son. Misty also had a 9 year old boy from her previous marriage. So, between them, they have 4. My younger brother's wife had a little girl from a previous relationship. My brother adopted her when he and Audra got married, and now they have this baby boy together, so they have 2. In both situations, I can see their "reasons" for wanting to not have any more. My older brother pays about 1/2 his check in child support, and neither of them want any more, and my younger brother's wife has just had her 2nd (actually medically necessary) C-section and they don't want any more, either. It just kind of makes me feel sad that they won't have any more. I can't imagine being done at 2, or even 4. I know that's not a very popular opinion today. Nate was just saying last night that people just can't believe we want any more. He asked if there's some unwritten rule that you have to stop after 3. Especially after Grace was just born, several people said to me "Oh, now you have your girl, you can stop now." As if someone were forcing us to have our children in the first place. Nate and I do not know how many, if any, more children the Lord will bless us with, but we know the He has placed within our hearts a strong desire for more.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Spell check Charity! It's "different." (Insert wickedly evil laugh here!)
BWAH HA HA HA!