Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's Wednesday afternoon. Ian is still sleeping, George is watching a Beatrix Potter video and Grace is laughing in her Johnny Jump-Up. Nate should be home by 6 (hopefully!) and then I am off to Awana. I am taking Gracie with me tonight. They will be thrilled in the nursery, they love to have her. I am going to be gone all day tommorow, I am going in to Douglasville to babysit for my friend Amy. I'm watching her younger two in the morning while she goes to her older one's Easter party at his school, then in the afternoon, I am watching all 3 of hers so she can go to a teacher parent meeting. We will just spend the whole day there. I haven't seen her in a long time, so it will be nice to visit with her, but I am not looking forward to being gone all day and the boys schedules being messed up. I need to make bread when I get home from Awana tonight. I make bread for Amy's family, too. She is pregnant and my bread is one of the only things she can eat consistently. It is a real blessing to be able to help her in this way. Tommorow afternoon, a plumber is meeting Nate her to look at our basement and give him a quote on how much it would be to do the work down there. He came highly recommended, and I am soooo excited for something to be done down there. I hope it's not too expensive and that he can do it soon. When that's done, Nate can put the subflooring down, then we have the name of another guy who will do the heating and air. Once the plumbing and air are in down there, it will practically be livable!! I'm hoping my parents can come in August and stay down there. It will be nice for them to have their own bathroom, and it gets pretty crowded having all three kids in our room when we have company. I don't know how people who do family beds get any sleep. I have finished two of the four letters I need to mail out before the end of the month for the Women At Home mail chain. I got a really nice card yesterday from Carolyn Morrison from Iowa. It was so cool to get an encouraging card from someone I didn't even know! I am kind of stumped as to what to write, I hope I do it right. It's fun to write to people, though, and it has made me have to get to know the people I am writing to, by looking at their posts, and checking out their blogs. I am enjoying it. I almost decided to stop being a part of the WAH message board, I was going to tell them to take me off the mail list and just not do it, but I am so glad that I stayed. It's been a blessing already. I don't have nearly the time to spend on the computer that I did while I was pregnant, but it's nice to be part of something "out there" beyond my day to day. Well, I need to put some makeup on so I don't scare everyone at church tonight, so I'd better go!!

No comments: