Monday, May 02, 2005

GOOD MORNING SUN!!!!! HAPPY MORNING, EVERYONE!!!! That's from one of the boys favorite books, "HEY, WAKE UP!!!" I hate it. No, I'm just kidding, I'm just so not a morning person. But, I did get to sleep in a little bit this morning, Ian and Grace slept in and George got watched a video while I lazed in bed. Nate had a meeting this morning and he was going to tell all his employees about the new incentive contest. For three months at a time they are going to push selling certain products, and whoever sells the most gets two round trip tickets and $300 cash for a weekend. Second place gets two tickets, and third place gets a two night stay at a cabin up in the mountains of Georgia. A few years ago, Nate switched their company credit cards to get skymiles, and they've earned a bunch of free tickets. He was really excited to present this to everyone, I hope they like it, and it works to get their sales boosted, too. Nate got home Saturday night and suggested we go to the Georgia Renaissance Festival on Sunday afternoon since it was Scottish Highlands weekend. We left Ian and Grace with Karen and George after church and took George. It was neat, we had a good time, but I think a better name for the event would have been "Cleavage Fest 2005." Nate said it was just stressful, trying to see all the cool stuff there was to see, and try not to see all the indecently dressed women there. He said it was just draining. I thanked him for being drained, if that makes any sense. It was fun to just be together, though, to be able to walk around holding hands and talking. George had a fun time, too. I love having my kids so close together, but sometimes, like yesterday, I think how neat it would be to have only had George thus far, and in some ways, it seems unfair to him that we don't get to do things with just him. The grass is always greener, though, right? I can't imagine not having all three of my children right now. The other night I decided to play devil's advocate just to see what Nate would say and I said "You know, maybe we don't need to have any more children. I mean, we have three, lots of people only ever have three, and we have at least one of each, maybe we should be done." He looked at me like I was crazy and said "That would suck." Then he saw that I was looking really serious about it, and looked at me really seriously and started to get choked up, and said "What else is there but kids?" I asked what he meant, and he said that not much else that we do really matters besides having and raising children, impacting the next generation, and everything that we do is an example FOR them. He said it would break his heart if we never had any more children, either biologically or by adoption. I smiled, fighting back my own tears, and told him I was so glad I married him and I completely agreed. I think he was really relieved to know I hadn't lost my mind. We've talked so much about the fact that we really would love the Lord to bless us with lots of children. It really would break my heart, too, if I knew we couldn't have any more. But, that said, the Lord might decide that is what is best for us and His glory, and if so, then I pray He would give us the grace to do His will, and not hold on to our desires if they are no longer His. I am just so thankful to have a husband who agrees with me on so much, and as time goes on, I feel so much more a part of him, like we are truly one flesh, in spirit. (Hmmm, that doesn't make much sense, but you know what I mean:P) Well, I must go, I've got four loaves of bread and banana bread to make this morning. Happy Monday!!

No comments: