Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Baby coming soon!

My mind has been consumed as of late with the positioning and arrival of this child. I'm afraid he turned transvere again yesterday, I was feeling movements waaaay over on both sides, and it's so soft underneath my belly button. Leanne was supposed to come this Friday, but since Nate is probably pouring concrete then, I called her Monday to reschedule, and she just called me back last night and isn't going to come until a week from today, the day before Thanksgiving. I was really hoping she could come this week, just because I am curious to see if she thinks I am dilated at all or not, although that wouldn't really tell me anything. I tried to check my dilation the other night, and I couldn't even find my cervix. Either it is very soft and dilated, or just so far up I couldn't reach it. I'll have Nate check me later, and see what he thinks. He did agree for us to read more of "Mind over Labor" last night. I have been less impressed with the book as I get more into it. The information and point of view are excellent, but his writing style, and tendancy to repeat his main themes over and over and over and over again kind of get annoying. I'm thinking of just us reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth", I think there will be more concretely helpful information in there for Nathan. I found it excellent, and definitely need to be reminded of the things in it.

We went to Wal-mart yesterday evening after we picked Nate up from work. It's rare that we ever go to any stores together, I usually do shopping with just me and the kids. He wanted to look at TV's though. He is waiting for a 20 inch flat screen to go on sale for $95. We got him a toolbox and some things for his truck, and I got some fruit for the fruit salad I am making for Bible study tommorow. They had all the Thanksgiving fixings out, and Nate asked me what we were doing for Thanksgiving. I told him if he wanted Thanksgiving dinner, to go his mother's house. We will probably get together with them anyway. But, I told him if they have other plans, then I am not making a dinner. At this point I can barely manage spaghetti. He said that was fine. I'm so glad he's so easy going about things. If we do get together with the Buchans' then I will make some things, but I am not making a turkey, or anything that requires much effort. Of course, I will make pumpkin pie, and probably rolls. I need to call Karen to see what they are doing, and what she wants me to bring. There is a full moon the day after Thanksgiving. Maybe I will go into labor that weekend. That saturday is the day we are going to the Mancas' for the AWANA outing. Casey just kind of took over all the preparations and planning of it, so I don't even feel much of a part of it anymore. Tammy said she was probably just trying to help, and she thought Casey had a tender spot in her heart for mothers of small children, and didn't think I needed to be doing all of that. Anyway, it's out of my hands now. I wouldn't mind having to miss it though, if I were in labor. I bought a food grade hose yesterday to fill up the birthing pool, and when I mentioned it to Nate, he said "But you won't need the birthing pool, you'll have the hot tub." I don't know. Of course that would be my first choice, but I am going to clean out and blow up the pool anyway, just in case. I really want to do a waterbirth, and want all my bases to be covered. I hope I do have the baby on the 27th, or 28th. Then I hope Nate can take that next week off. He still has never taken the week off like he said he would this fall to work on the house. I just hope it does work out to pour concrete this Friday. Nate's dad got some guys from church recruited, and hopefully Nate can line up the concrete and the line pump, and get the tools from the deck crew.
I am glad we have Bible study tommorow. We are celebrating Krista's birthday. I have been looking forward to going over this chapter with everyone, and I am glad that Tammy's friend Robin has joined us now. It looks like she will be coming from now on.
I tried to post a picture of us yesterday, and it put on the caption, but not the picture, even though it said that it had published it. I am pretty frustrated with getting anything figured out on this blog. I guess my point was just to have it be a journal for me, anyway, so the extras don't matter. Misty posted some pictures on her blog of her and her girls before the homeschool tea. They all look so cute. Misty looks like a 20's movie star. She is so pretty. Anyway, I should get some clothes on these little boys and on myself. They finished breakfast and just got done watching Tom Kitten, so I am on call again. :)



No comments: