Tuesday, November 09, 2004

How time flies!!!

It is hard to believe that if I have this child at the same time as I had Ian, that will be two weeks from today!! It kind of freaks me out, but of course, excites me at the same time. Nate said last night that it would be doable to put that little hot tub in the living room. It would fit almost perfectly to the left of the kitchen doorway and the wall, in the living room. The dimensions of the space are almost built for it, with just exactly enough space between the wall and the window. Now I just have to work hard on not getting my heart set on it, because this would be soooo wonderful. Then we wouldn't have to worry about filling or unfilling the birthing pool, or keeping the water hot, we could set it at exactly the right temperature, and if I have back labor, the jets will be a godsend. I'm thinking after I have the baby, too, it will be wonderful for helping sore muscles relax, and Lordwilling if we can get it this week, it will help me relax enough to get some really good night's sleeps before I go into labor. That will be wonderful. Nate and I got the first coat done on the bedroom lower section last night. Just as with the top color, I loved it going on, but then it dried too dark. I think another coat will just make it darker, but definitely needs to be done. Karen suggested doing a sponge painting coat on the top of off white to lighten it up, but I don't know how you would do that on a dark cranberry red on the bottom. I am just excited to have it done, however, and Nate says it's okay. We watched the Vikings on Monday night football while we painted, but unfortunately, they lost. Nate was cracking me up trying to get the TV to come in, holding the antenna in differant postitions, even taping it to the wall, and holding the TV up about three fee off the desk. He ended up just watching it on our little black and white. I know he wants to get a new tv, and that will be nice for him for times like this, but I do not want it to become common fare again for this household. There is just too much trash out there, and it is so easy to become desensitized to it, and to let that way of thinking permeate your mind. Well, it's off to Wal-mart this morning. I could wait and go tommorow night after AWANA, but I haven't taken the boys anywhere for a while, so we will go today. This morning George was drawing and said "Look, Mama, I drew a balloon!" He certainly had, and right next to it, was a perfect circle and a perfect square! I was so proud of him! I told him we would have to show Daddy when he comes home. Perhaps I will write more later, about my Bible study, a profound lesson this week that again has gone beyond my head knowledge and the Lord has used to infiltrate the deep recesses of my heart. It's all about being content to be me.

No comments: