Monday, November 22, 2004

Head down baby :)

It's Monday afternoon. The boys are sleeping, well, they are at least quiet in their beds, and I have one load of dishes done. I really should be making bread right now, but I think I'll wait until tonight. Nate brought a ton of white bread home from the Atlanta Bread Company extras that they bring to church, but I just can't eat it en masse anymore, or I feel really funny. I ate way too much of it yesterday.

As the title indicates, the baby is finally head down, and has been there for a few days now. I am feeling lots of pressure pushing down, and having pretty regular contractions. I blew up my fishy pool, as a back-up waterbirth place, in case I have the baby before the hot tub can come, but it has multiple leaks that I cannot find in the top two rings, and will definitely not work. I called Nate today and told him I didn't think anything was happening today, but things were definitely progressing, and I wondered if there was any way we could get the hot tub sooner than next Monday. He said "That's already been thought of." The way he said it was like "I've already thought of that, and it's just not going to work." He doesn't like to talk to me while he's at work anyway, so I try not to bother him or to talk too long, so I didn't question exactly what he meant by that. The intonation of his voice, though, just sounded negative about it. I am just kicking myself for doing what I said I would not do, and getting my heart set on this working out. I have been planning for a waterbirth for so long now, and reading everything I can on it, and it has really become a part of my "birth vision", so that the thought of it not being an option just really makes me want to cry. At least when I had the blow up pool option, that was fine, but now that that is not going to work, I think I will really be devastated if that hot tub doesn't work out. The thought of laboring and having this baby on dry land just is really not good to me. I can't think of the right word, but it just feels so wrong. I know I am probably setting myself up for further disappointment here, and who knows, I may not have this baby for another 2 or even 3 weeks. Leanne is coming on Wednesday. I really want to discuss her views on waterbirth. I have never gotten a very confident vibe from her concerning it, and she certainly did nothing to facilitate it with Ian's birth. I don't know if she just doesn't like to do them for some reason, or hasn't done many so is uncomfortable with it, or what, but I want to make it clear that it is a real priority to me, and that we do all we can to make it happen.

I thought of an interesting phenomenon last night. I started taking the Dr. Christopher's at 4 weeks with George, and he was born 4 days shy of 40 weeks. I started taking them at 6 weeks out with Ian, and he was born 4 days shy of 38 weeks. That means that I took the Dr. Chris' exactly 3 weeks and 3 days before I went into labor with both of them. If this theory holds true, then I will be having a baby tommorow!!!!!! But, with Ian, I was taking one extra one a day for a few days prior to his birth, so that may have affected it. My back is aching really low again today, just like it did on Friday. I am very very glad that the baby has turned head down, but he is tending towards posterior. I don't know how I will handle back labor, especially if I can't be in water. This baby will just have to wait to come.

I am looking forward to being able to be home every night this week, and am definitely going to need that time to catch up on housework, and getting everything ready. Nate said we could get our Christmas tree this week!! I am so excited! I already have some Christmas things up, but it's not how I would like it. I need to clean, and organize and move a bunch of stuff before I can really decorate for Christmas. Nate has one more closet door to paint tonight, then our bedroom can finally get back to normal. I am going to move the toy box into the kids room, and put the little tubs of baby clothes and pj's in our room. I really have so much baby stuff, as far as onesies, socks, hats, pajamas. We have so many pairs of baby pajamas, it's ridiculous. I still have to buy newborn diapers, though, and just get everything organized. Of course, I suppose there is the possibility of my having a girl, in which case, the child will need some clothes. I'm not worried about it, though, I would be so shocked if I had a girl. I think my nesting instinct is starting to kick in, at least in my brain, if not yet in my actions. :) We are giving our plaid couch to Jer and Esther, and then we will move the loveseat and recliner to where it was, leaving room (Lord willing) for the hot tub, and the Christmas tree in the corner by the windows. I want to get it DONE!!! I think I will actually make some supper tonight. I have been sooo lazy, and we have just been having leftovers, and poor Nate is so good about it, but it's about time he had a homecooked meal, even if it is only my home cooking. :P He said he was going to scrub the floor, too. I think I will scrub the bathroom tonight, since I never was able to get to it on Saturday like I usually do, and the boys didn't get their bath after lunch again today, so they will have one before bed tonight. Nate rented "The Day after Tommorow" on Friday. What a waste of time that was. Besides the fact that it was overflowing with obvious and laughable liberal agenda, it didn't even have good acting, or character developement or anything. I was really hoping he would bring home "Elf" I just think that the purpose of TV or movies is to entertain, and I so prefer movies that just let my brain take a break and make me laugh.

Amy Calkins and her boys are coming over tommorow to make cookies. I hope everything works out. Ian has been cutting two molars and has just been a bear lately. Hopefully, we can get the cookie making done while he's taking his morning nap. I am looking forward to getting together with her, and George just loves her boys, they are his idols. I think it will be fun for everyone. They are staying for lunch, too. Wow, this backache is really getting worse. Maybe if I got off my butt and actually did something it wouldn't be so bad. I should really go, anyway, I have laundry to do, and I should really find the floor here before the kids get up and cover it up again. Cleaning up after children while they are still growing up is like shoveling during a snowstorm, there's just not much point to it. Anyway, if anyone has read this, please leave a comment or sign my guestbook! I have to say, it really has been a therapeutic endeavor for me to be able to write this all down, and see it. It so often seems as if the one person I want to share everything with, Nathan, is the least interested in hearing anything about my life, and maybe it's better this way anyway, that I get it all out here, and can see and analyze my thoughts for patterns of sin, or complaining, or dwelling on things that I shouldn't. Well, I hear George, so I am going to try to get my bedroom back together, and get that laundry caught up.



1 comment:

Misty said...

I'm here, I'm reading! But you already knew that. I'm so glad the baby is head down. Girl, I wish I would've bought that aquadoula last time and you could be having a water birth regardless. Love ya sista girl!