Wednesday, November 24, 2004

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!

There's a hot tub in my living room!!!! Nate surprised me and ended up getting it early. I was sooo excited. (Hence, the title), for my Nathan is a mighty, mighty good man. That's all I remember from that song from years ago. I'm not like Misty, who knows the lyrics to every song ever to come out in the last 100 years, and uses that information to insidiously infiltrate the thought patterns of her friends by getting songs stuck in their heads to the extent that they can't even remember their own names!! (Love you, girlfriend!) Anyway, yes I am married to an incredibly wonderful man. The hot tub is round, 6 feet across and a little less than 2 feet deep. It's the cheapest one they sell. There are no seats, and only 6 jets. It's basically just a glorified bath tub, but it keeps the water warm, and it's so big! I will be able to be in any position I am comfortable with. Nate's not sure if he will get in with me or not. I am going to get in it tonight before bed, just to try it out, and see how I like it. It looks rather peculiar, like you walk into someone's living room, and there's an elephant sitting in the corner reading the newspaper, and you just don't know what to say, it's so out of place. We just put the plaid couch on the front porch, moved the loveseat into its place, put the recliner in the loveseat spot, and put the hot tub in the corner with the windows. I like the way the living room is now, too. The only thing is that we can't get our Christmas tree until after the tub is gone, so I'd better hurry up and have this kid!! Just kidding. Actually, I have had hardly any contractions all day, and have been nesting like crazy. I had so much energy! I got the kitchen all cleaned (cookie making yesterday really trashed it), and the boys laundry put away, the toys all moved into the kids room, my closet doors put back on and painted, and my bedroom cleaned up. I have four packages ready to send, and I finally got all the boys' pictures written on, and need to make cards to send them out. I am going to get that done today. After I write this, I am going to make rolls and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving tommorow. George and I made a construction paper turkey this afternoon. He did the glue stick and drew eyes on the turkey. We are going to have everyone write on two feathers something they are thankful for, and then tommorow put all the feathers on the turkey. I wrote "Buchan Thanksgiving 2004" on it. I'm not sure yet what I will write down. There are so many blessings in my life, it's hard to just pick two. Anyway, I need to get on to my baking and maybe even get some laundry done. I'm afraid to go down into the basement, I really hope it's not leaking badly. Yesterday it was a little, but after that rain this morning, I bet it's much worse. I hope nothing was ruined. It's all in the Lord's hands anyway. Happy Thanksgiving, to anyone who is reading this. I wil leave you with these verses from II Corinthians 9: 10,11 "Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness; Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God."


No comments: