Saturday, November 20, 2004

Saturday morning minutes

I am (probably foolishly) trying to squeeze a few minutes of writing in here while the boys are up. Ian is walking around the kitchen, trying to pull out and climb into all the kitchen chairs, and falling out of most of them. George is eating a bowl of Cheerios with his fingers, and talking non-stop. Oh wait, now he's looking down his pajamas, exclaiming that he can see his duck feet, and his chest. Ian just pulled his booster seat down on his head, trying to get the little buckle out of it to play with. I handed him the buckle, and he said "Thankyou!" He has really taken off talking in the last few weeks. Yesterday, they did indeed get all the concrete poured (PRAISE THE LORD!), and Caleb and Ross were in here eating lunch with us and cracking up at Ian's new common phrases of "Oh No!" and "Oh Cool!" Most everything is one or the other.

Esther came over for a few minutes yesterday afternoon and we went to the new thrift store in Whitesburg, the Dollar Closet. Really great Christian lady that runs it, and a great story how the Lord gave her the idea, and then orchestrated it all. All the clothes are a dollar, except dresses and dress suits are two dollars. I got a beautiful Karin Stevens skirt suit for my mom that was probably $60, and looked new, for only $2!!

Well, after about 40 minutes, George is finally done his 1/2 cup of cheerios and milk. That kid makes me crazy sometimes. You constantly have to remind him to keep eating, and it's a struggle to get him to sit down and start eating in the first place. Ian on the other hand, sometimes it's hard to get him to stop eating! He had a plate piled full of ravioli yesterday at lunch, then when the guys came in to eat, he was going around to everyone trying to mooch more food!

The concrete pouring went great, even though it was sooo expensive, it was definitely worth it to hire a line pump to get the concrete where they wanted it. It all turned out great, and they even had enough left over to put a floor in Nate's little ramshackle shed. Maybe we can even park in there sometime! Jer came over to help, which was a blessing, and Caleb and Ross, too. They stayed until after lunch, but Jeremiah had to go to work, so he left shortly before. Nate kept finish troweling and then went to Lowe's in the afternoon to get the Dricore subflooring to put on. I am so excited that he is finally "going" on this project. He's going to skim coat the existing floor, to even it out, and clean it up down there, then put on the dricore (which we will eventually just put carpet and tile directly over), then get the heating and air system in. He said the tub will be put in before the walls, and he was even looking at them last night. Nate got home right as Esther and the kids and I were leaving for that store, so we just left the kids with Nate. I fed them supper when I got back, and after putting them to bed, we got right on painting in the bedroom. I really like the way the lime washing turned out, and Nate got all the trim painted. The chair rail still needs to be put up, but that will be awhile, and the closet doors need to be painted, but at least we could put the bedroom back together. Nate totally rearranged the bedroom. I like it, but I think we will make a few changes. Now I just have to sort all the stuff out and put it back where I want it. I am soooo glad we got that done. It didn't turn out exactly as I had pictured it, but I like it very much.

Nate says we are definitely getting the hot tub, but it won't be here til the 29th. He just has it settled in his mind that I am having this baby on December 1st. That would be good, but I am just afraid that the baby will come before then. I am going to clean out and blow up the fishy pool today, just to have it in case I need it. I really want to have a waterbirth, and I want to do everything I can to ensure that I am able to. We can make it work, I am sure, even without the hot tub. But, Lord willing, the baby will just be obedient to his father and come on December 1st like he's supposed to! (Okay, or SHE) Tammy and Esther are convinced that I am having a girl. I am just as convinced that I am having another boy. I haven't really fallen totally in love with the name "Alec", but that's what a boy will probably be named, unless we can come up with somthing totally differant when we meet him. Alec James maybe, or Alec Lincoln, I like Alec Seth, but Nate doesn't really. Probably James will be the middle name. If Tammy and Esther are right, then it will probably be Grace Marilyn, again unless we come up with something totally different when we meet her. Anyway, I'm so glad that the Lord is in control of this little one and their coming. I don't have to dwell on it, it belongs to the Lord. Well, I should go get these rugrats dressed before they burn the house down to get my attention!!!

No comments: