Friday, May 06, 2005

Catch up on housework day?!?

I am sooo behind on things. I have had to run errands the past few mornings, and that's the only real time I have to get things done. In the afternoon, George is taking a nap in my room, Ian is taking a nap in the boys room, and Grace is either nursing, with me, or taking a nap in the living room. The only rooms I can clean then are the kitchen and bathroom. I could do more laundry, but I can't put it away, and I hate to have it pile up. Look at me, I 'm making excuses for not doing housework on a day when that's all I have on my agenda! I don't have to go anywhere this morning, I don't have to go anywhere all day, so I don't even have to get really dressed. I've got my scrubbies on and as soon as I get the boys dressed, I am tackling well, everything! I need to put away the boys laundry, change their sheets, vacuum their bedroom, put away my, Nate's and Grace's laundry. All of Grace's clothes are hung up on a 40 pair over the door shoe rack, because I had NO closet space for her. Not because anyone here has a ton of clothes, we just have an astonishing lack of closets. I was so glad I found that rack, it works perfectly. When you have 983 sq. feet in your house, you have to maximize your space. Not that I am very good at that, but when I can, it really feels good. Anyway, back to the to-do list. I need to scrub the bathroom and kitchen floors, dejunk the entertainment center, do three more loads of laundry, make my mother-in-law's bracelet, wrap her mother's day present, make a chicken for dinner and in between all that, nurse, change diapers, feed children, and try to keep them from tearing apart all I am doing. :P I have tommorow to get things done, too. I just want to have it all done by Sunday. So, maybe I should get off my butt right now and get started, eh? I'll close with the traditional Maine phrase made when getting up to leave a friend's house: "Well, I 'spose..."

No comments: