Saturday, May 14, 2005

I suppose I should post, I haven't in a few days. I've had company the past three days, and was so looking forward to just having Nate all to myself last night, but the computers in all 4 stores froze up at closing last night, so he didn't even leave work until 8:30 last night. Then, he was so tired when he came home, trying to talk to him about anything of substance was worthless. In the middle of telling him something that the Lord had shown me lately, he says "Oh, no, I don't think we have any balancepak 100 in the warehouse at work." It was just completely obvious that his mind is totally consumed with work. It is very consuming, he has so many responsibilities and when you spend that much time someplace, it would be hard to get it off your mind when you're not there, but I spend ALL my time at home and when he comes home, I make sure that my full attention is his, and it's all about him. He never even asks about anything that goes on with us. Okay, I am not going to complain, I am not going to complain!!! My mother says it's okay to "vent" sometimes, but where is the line between letting off steam about things and dwelling on them and complaining? The verse just popped into my head "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer." I guess that settles it. I am continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance of my husband's steps, and especially with the situation regarding our house, whether we should buy the house next to Nate's parents or not. I have definitely felt the Lord's leading in that direction and have spent much time in prayer over it, but it's not up to me, and I can't change my husband's mind about anything. I just keep praying that the Lord would make His will known and give us the vision and strength to see it and to do it. The whole situation has me frustrated and anxious, but I know that is not of the Lord. He is in control. I am not. I need to remember that.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It sounds like you are doing the right things re: the house - keeping it before the Lord. If it's His will, God will move Nate that direction too. :)