Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Yesterday morning I called the mom of the girl looking for someplace to rent and told her the whole situation. I told her that we were still trying to figure things out, but Nathan told me he was going to try and make it work. Her mom said it sounded like exactly what she would like, and she couldn't believe the price we were asking, but she said that her daughter and fiance had left an hour ago to go sign a lease on an apt. She said if it was meant to work out, then it would. Well, she called me later on that day and said she had called her daughter and the lady never showed up at the apt. office so they couldn't sign the lease!! She was so excited about our house, but said no pressure if it doesn't work out. I was so encouraged by this and just saw it as another sign of the Lord's hand in working this all out. When Nate got home last night, he looked online at mortgage calculaturs and interest rates and all that. I was encouraged that he seemed really excited and motivated to move forward with this, but then I looked at the numbers he was putting in, and asked him some questions, and realized that he only means to offer the guy $115,000. The man is asking $129,000, and he paid $120,000 for it, and Nathan knows that. I was baffled, I don't know what Nate is trying to do. Is he just playing along that he wants this to happen, and really trying to sabotage the whole thing, or is he being led of the Lord and maybe my faith just isn't big enough to believe it could work out? Every step of this process, the Lord has been leading me into deeper faith that He is in control, and I need to trust Him. Is this just another step in that? There is NO earthly reason why this man would take that price for his house, which is worth every penny he is asking for it. I am just continuing to pray that the Lord would direct Nathan, and I am claiming Jeremiah 32:17 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! When the Lord says 'Trust Me' He really means it doesnt' He??