Sunday, May 22, 2005

God is so good, He is so gracious, and He is working in our lives right now. Tonight at our life group, (we haven't been in weeks), I talked with a girl from our church that is getting married in six weeks, and they need a place to rent. They've both been on the mission field, and so haven't had consistent "emplyment history", and don't have jobs right now, so they are having a hard time finding some place that will take them, besides something they can afford. She said all they were finding were dirty little one bedroom apts for $500-$600 a month. She said they would love to be in a house, somewhere out in the country, but they can't afford anything like that, even if someplace would take them. I was just wanting to burst talking with her. I had asked Nathan before if we could maybe rent our house and still buy that other one, but it didn't seem like a very likely solution. On the way home, I told Nathan what the girl had told me and he was really excited about the prospect!! He started talking about the numbers and how it would all work, and even said this might be the way he could get the rental property he's always wanted to own. Then, (this encouraged me even more), he wanted to go drive by the house by him parents. We looked all around it and he clocked it coming home and we were surprised to see that it would only add 10 minutes to his commute. I can so see the Lord working here, and it is incredible. Talking with the girl tonight seems to be but another amazing sign from the Lord. It's exactly what they want, they are wonderful people who we would love to help out and would love to have renting from us. I am going to call her mom tommorow and tell her the whole situation and ask her to have them hold off on signing anything. I can't offer it to them yet without knowing if it will work, but I feel so strongly the Lord's leading here. I think the next step is to see about all the financial aspects. I am praising God over this, and I am so awed to be the recipient of His grace in this situation. "Praise be to the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits." !!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

That is awesome, Charity. I pray it all works out for you.