Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I am tired this morning. Last night after Nate got home, I asked him something about the whole house situation, and it was apparent that his entire attitude had changed on it. He just looked at me like I was crazy, and said "Dear, generally, it's not a good idea to live next to your parents." I didn't say anything, I was really shocked. As far as in-laws go, I couldn't ask for better, and Nate has a great relationship with his family. I was surprised to hear him say this. It was almost like he wouldn't even look me in the eye talking about it, and I may be reading into this, but it just felt like spiritual oppression. I told him how much it would mean to his family, and that the only reason they moved down here was to be near us. He said that there was just no way anyone would buy our house. I told him I thought it was something that deserved our looking into it, and praying about it. He just looked shifty and just changed the subject. I had spent a lot of time yesterday talking to Nate's mom and thinking and praying about this situation, and the night before, Nathan seemed to be in agreement with me that it was something we should look into. My first response when he told me all this last night was to try and convince him otherwise, and to try to question him about why his attitude had changed on it so much, but I just felt restrained. It weighed heavy on my heart all evening. I cleaned the bathroom and took a shower and just cried out to the Lord on this. It seemed to be more of a burden that it really warranted, and again, I felt the presence of spiritual oppression. I tried to go to bed, but I couldn't sleep, this troubling in my heart was just getting fiercer as the minutes went by. I got up and got my Bible and started to pray and read. Nathan got up and asked me what I was doing. I said I couldn't get this house thing off my mind and couldn't sleep. Again, I felt restrained about talking with him about it. I told him I just needed to spend some time with the Lord. I read in Isaiah some, and ended up in Proverbs. Proverbs 10 and 11 really spoke to me: "Blessing are upon the head of the just...The wise in heart will recieve commandments...He that walkieth uprightly walketh surely...The labour of the righteous tendeth to life...He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction...The hope of the righteous shall be gladness...The way of the Lord is strength to the upright...The righteous shall never be removed...The integrity of the upright shall guide them...The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way...The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them." Over and over saying that righteousness and following of the Lord's commands are what will guide and protect. As I read, I could feel the Lord's peace slipping over my heart, an almost physical awareness of His hands holding up the burdens that had so weighed me down a short time before. I don't know what will happen with this house situation, I don't know why the Lord even brought awareness of it to us, but I know He has taught me peace through it, and that His will is best. My job is to cling to what is right, to trust in His soveriegn power, and to continue to pray about it. I must go, I need to get Ian up and fed and dressed here, and everyone ready to get their pictures done at Target this morning. I just wanted to get this down, and if anyone reads this, please pray about this situation. It truly seems that the spiritual import of the situation is disproportionate to the actual circumstances, but I don't know what is going on in my husband's heart, and that is where I sense the resistance to faith here. I truly just want the Lord's will, and I want to do my part in bringing Him glory through whatever happens.

No comments: