Tuesday, May 10, 2005

New house?!?!?

My mother in law called me last night and said that the house next to them has just been put up for sale. It's almost exactly like their's: three bedroom, two bath, fireplace, etc. It was built in the last five years. It has a huge walk-in closet in the master bedroom, big enough to put a crib in! There are two little pantry type closets in the kitchen, a laundry room, a two car garage, all on a private wooded lot. It's on a quiet, dead- end road, great for walking, and closer to church, shopping, etc. And the best part, it's within walking distance of Nate's parents. I called Nathan last night and told him about it. It would mean a longer commute for him, but once they open up their store in Newnan, he could get to working out of that store, and it would mean a shorter commute. It all sounds wonderful, but it all predicates upon us being able to sell our house. We have 4 1/2 acres, but our house is not worth very much. Nate said last night that if we did some landscaping and put new flooring in the living room, it would help. Really, the land is worth more than the house. I don't even know exactly what the other house is selling for, it's such a new listing, it's not on the realtor's website yet. I sent her an email, though, and hopefully will hear back from her with details on it soon. I don't know if this is all craziness or not, I just have a funny feeling about it, that this is meant to be. I don't want to get my hopes up, though, leaning on my own understanding. I just want the Lord's will here.

I'm going to get the kids' pictures taken tommorow morning. I am still trying to figure out what they are going to wear. The boys have some matching navy blue dress shorts, and red polo shirts, but the only thing that Grace has that matches that is a red, white and jean jumper, and I don't know if the jean would look too casual with the boys. I'll probably dress them all up tonight and see how it looks. I was hoping to get a family picture done, but Nate hasn't been able to take a morning off. Maybe after Ian's birthday in July we will get a family picture done.

Well, I've got to go feed the boys some real lunch here, and I suppose I should eat a sandwich or something, I've been snacking on these luscious strawberries for an hour now, they are sooo good!! I like Tuesdays, Nate and I watch "The Amazing Race" on Tuesday nights, so that's some nice snuggle time on the couch with my favorite person, and tonight's the two hour finale. We're hoping Rob and Amber win. Happy Tuesday!!

2 comments:

Misty said...

We want Rob and Amber to win too! I can't wait for tonight. Tuesday is my favorite night! I'm a loser...

Charity said...

Misty, how on earth could you be a loser if you like the same thing I do?!? Hello?!? You rock. That's all. :)